Diagnosis change or not ...

Vicky Bu's profile photo   12/25/2017 12:18 p.m.

I need to share my current moment in diabetes, not because I want advice or comments, but just because I need to let off steam.
I have already told it other times, but I summarize because I don't think you remember it.I started with gestational diabetes in 2004 and 2008. After the deliverI started with pills: metformin and sitagliptin.
Since then I have lost weight and, as it was thin, now I am below the recommended weight.In spite of the pills my control is regular, with a glyd of 6.8, but with postpandracials of more than 200 every night, despite controlling to the maximum what is like.
I got my doctor to send me to the endocrine and sent me analysis of antibodies, insulin, peptidoc, etc. To see my type of diabetes and put the best treatment.
I went for the results on Friday and it turns out that after a month and a half the part of autoimmunity was not yet.According to the endocrine because they are very expensive analysis and wait to bring several samples.
Yes I have known that the C Peptide I have it at 0.8 and the basal insulin in 3. I do not remember units, only that I am in low values.As I had 121 basal glucose and I don't have ketones in urine, the endocrine prefers to wait for antibodies before putting insulin.He believes that I can be type 1 slow evolution, but he wants to wait.
I feel fried.I had put a lot of hope in those results and now to wait again ...

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
12/25/2017 12:18 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Hello @"Vicky Bow".My results also took.As you say, they wait to have several to do them together.
On the one hand it seems good to me that they want to wait for antibodies to put insulin but, on the other hand, as you say, the control you have now seems "regular."Has he told you approximate date to give you the results?
In your place I would reduce dinner carbohydrates to the maximum ... and if you are very overwhelmed, ask for an appointment with your doctor and tell you how you feel.
Let's see what the rest of the colleagues tell you, surely they give you good advice.
I know it's difficult ... Cheer up!

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/25/2017 12:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You will have to see the evolution, you may need a little slow to be well controlled.Now slow insulins are quite flat and much more stable.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/25/2017 1:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for the comments.
The next appointment with the endocrine is in April, although he told me that if in the glucometer I saw that it was worse to approach me without an appointment.
Until then I will try to be calm.
Thanks to this forum I began to question what kind of diabetes I will have, without accepting without further ado the first diagnosis as type 2. How good to share with people who understand you!

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
12/25/2017 8:26 p.m.

Toujeo y Humalog Junior

In the end I went to the endocrine and the results of the autoimmunity test have been positive.I have autoimmune diabetes, type 1, but slow evolution, so my pancreas still generates some insulin and lasting ...
Thanks to the comments in this forum I began to investigate and discovered a type of diabetes that was unknown to me, lada diabetes or latent diabetes of the adult.I began to understand why my body and my symptoms did not square with type 2 diabetes. Also why metformin did not work for me.
It has cost me a long year and a change of header who will send me to the endocrine and have a correct diagnosis.For my first doctor my weight loss was great, desirable in someone with type 2 diabetes. And I felt I consumed me.
Yesterday I started with toujeo insulin.I know that the diabetes trip continues, that there will be new obstacles.But at least I already have direction.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
01/20/2018 9:16 p.m.

Toujeo y Humalog Junior

@"Vicky Bush", greetings, here we are, sharing the way on the same course.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/20/2018 10:28 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.