{'en': 'Cold, flu, trancazo, etc ... Does it cause insulin resistance?Little uncontrolled?', 'es': 'Resfriado, gripe, trancazo, etc... ¿Provoca resistencia a la insulina? ¿Descontroles?'} Image

Cold, flu, trancazo, etc ... Does it cause insulin resistance?Little uncontrolled?

rpk7's profile photo   01/01/2018 2:37 p.m.

Hello everyone.

Right now I am cold as anyone, but what is happening to me does not understand, the lack of control has been brutal in glucose levels ...

At breakfast levels like any other day and at eating have 350!When I have had the same thing and put the same amount of insulin.

Last night there was no way to lower insulin and click such amounts to have had quite low glucose and not only not low, but it remained that way.

I have been like that several days and at all hours, clicking many more insulin units to try to stabilize everything, like this, 40% more insulin per day.Crazy.

My question is as follows.When you are colds, glucose levels are out of control and insulin does not make the same effect or is it almost null?

Thank you!

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
01/01/2018 2:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Each one is a world.I am now with a trancazo and it has not been out of control.Although I had to increase basal by reducing physical exercise.And then it depends if you have a fever.More controls and you run according to see.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/01/2018 7:54 p.m.

@rpk7, the same thing happens to me.No colds, but flu cause me difficult to get off 200 basal.Increase slow days of the flu, but carefully because the day I start cureing I can have descents.

As you have told you here, more controls and correction between food hours until you are better.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/02/2018 12:11 p.m.

@"RPK7" I recommend that you also read these issues !!;)

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/02/2018 1:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Carlos71 said:
each is a world.I am now with a trancazo and it has not been out of control.Although I had to increase basal by reducing physical exercise.And then it depends if you have a fever.More controls and you run according to see.

kraken said:
@rpk7, exactly the same thing happens to me.No colds, but flu cause me difficult to get off 200 basal.Increase slow days of the flu, but carefully because the day I start cureing I can have descents.

As you have told you here, more controls and correction between food hours until you are better.

I will do that, I see that I am not the only one that happens.

fer said:
@"rpk7" I recommend that you also read these issues !!;)

Link
Link
Link

Ouch, I had used the search engine with terms such as cold and flu and I didn't get those issues.Sorry for repeating theme.

Thank you!

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
01/02/2018 5:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.