Hyperglycemia after sports someone else happens?

Conviviendo's profile photo   02/16/2018 3:12 p.m.

Good afternoon this is my first question in the forum, I hope to express it more or less clearly, soccer game what the training usually lasts 1h 30 to 2 h, so before going to train I measure the glucose to avoid possible declines, but it is happening to me that having a normal blood glucose and drinking a glass of milk or banana to prevent.
After going out of training and spending 30 minutes, that is, almost two and a half hours of the shot I found me 181
It is not the first time that happens to me, to give more information my last consultation was in September with a glycosiladBefore I had to manage insulin.
Currently 24 to 26 doses of threeiba at night (24 h) and no fast action insulin foresees that it is uncontrolled because in the morning I usually get up with hypoglycemia and glycosity will continue at non -optimal levels.With Lantus I had no problem
Thank you so much

Conviviendo's profile photo
Conviviendo
02/16/2018 3:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @"Living"!

In this forum there are people who do elite sport, so they can respond much better than me.

I tell you my experience in case it serves you:

I used to play football before and now I do other less demanding sports, but what you say has always happened to me.He understood that the sport lowered glucose, but it is not exactly like that.

In principle the soft and prolonged efforts (walking at a good pace for time or more for example) are those that make your glucose descend, since they "give time" to the insulin that is active in the body to make its function andTake the glucose of your blood to your muscle cells ..

On the other hand, in large and short efforts (anaerobic, I think) like football or physical training, your body pours to your blood the glucose reserves you have in the muscles and liver, with the hope that your pancreas work (whichIt is not the case) and insulin secret to provide energy during the effort.As the action of insulin is slower than the speed at which your body secretes glucose, the result is that during exercise you have hyperglycemia.

Solution: Talk to your endocrine and adjust the doses (surely you will recommend injecting fast insulin in addition to the slow one, but that your doctor has to tell you.

Tip: What works for me is to prick 3 fast insulin units 10 minutes before the effort, but each organism is different and not all of us works for us.

If the effort lasts more than two hours, it is necessary to have glucose gels, etc.At least in my case.

´O that happens to me is that at 7 or 8 hours of having trained and without having injected any insulin, the low glucose at a fast pace, since only with the lantus my body begins to want to recover the glucose reserves that meHe has given before, so nuts usually go well to avoid declines.

I don't know if it has served you or I have brought you more hahahaha!

Well, I think the subject has been talked about here more than once, and surely there are foreros who know and explain much better than me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/16/2018 5:10 p.m.

Oh really?Did anyone prescribe threeiba every 36 hours?: -Oy have I understood badly?

Apart from the mess of thinking what day it is at 10 p.m. and what a day at 10 in the morning, and what day does not have to put on (which I would walk fixed), it is not intended to administer it so, and of courseThis option is not contemplated in the technical record.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/16/2018 5:30 p.m.

@"Kraken" If your comment has helped me because my endocrine did recommend me to take Glucosport for the matches and control me in the breaks but I had never told me about hyperglycemia, I had always associated it to train at 8 and I usually prick meAt 10 / 10-30, that's why I blamed him that I don't have great insulin reserves at this time.I will talk to my endocrine to change the time to administer insulin for before training and to have a reservation and that ketosis does not occur.Thank you so much

Conviviendo
02/16/2018 5:59 p.m.

@"Endocrinaantinewage" If every 36 hours I had more duration, it was a roll and very easy to pass the dose because I click on the night the next day I did not have to prick until morning and follow the cycle.And it was seen that the treatment was not working because the glucosilada gave me 8'1 apart from having an lack of control in hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia we were going was a roller coaster.Now I have threeiba but every 24 hours I did not modify the hours of administration and you already know what it is inspection with the electronic recipe that I lacked a month for the next recipe and I was low but the head doctor solved it.

Conviviendo
02/16/2018 6:04 p.m.

"Endocrinaantinewage" If every 36 hours I had more duration, it was a roll and very easy to pass the dose because I punctured me at night the next day I did not have to prick until morning and follow the cycle.And it was seen that the treatment was not working because the glucosilada gave me 8'1 apart from having an lack of control in hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia we were going was a roller coaster.Now I have threeiba but every 24 hours I did not modify the hours of administration and you already know what it is inspection with the electronic recipe that I lacked a month for the next recipe and I was low but the head doctor solved it.

Conviviendo
02/16/2018 6:05 p.m.

living said:
@"endocrinaantinewage" if every 36 hours it had more duration, it was a roll and very easy to spend the dose because I punctured me at night the next day I did notI had to click until the morning and follow the cycle.And it was seen that the treatment was not working because the glucosilada gave me 8'1 apart from having an lack of control in hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia we were going was a roller coaster.Now I have threeiba but every 24 hours I did not modify the hours of administration and you already know what it is inspection with the electronic recipe that I lacked a month for the next recipe and I was low but the head doctor solved it.

Jolín, then what roll.I'm glad you're better.Lasting, it lasts more, but that is not sufficient reason to manage it in that pattern every 36 hours.Another thing is that one day you promptly forget to wear it at night, for example, and put it on the next morning, and in theory nothing happens (or very little).Tresiba allows that punctual flexibility, but not to put it every 36 hours.

And what you say about the electronic recipe, another roll, especially if you catch you in an unforeseen and you run out of insulin and do not give you to withdraw more from the pharmacy.It is good that your head doctor have it accessible and can fix these things.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/16/2018 6:07 p.m.

@"Living together," he says with your endocrine, I do not know your case and I don't know if only with slow insulin you will be able to have good control.In my case I carry Lantus every 24h and novorapid for meals and it works quite well.

If the sport hours match you the end of the insulin action time, hyperglycemia is almost safe.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/16/2018 6:19 p.m.

kraken said:
welcome @"living"!
On the other hand, in large and short (anaerobic, I think) as football or physical training, your body pours to your blood the glucose reserves you have in the muscles and the liver, with hopethat your pancreas work (which is not the case) and insulin secret to provide energy during the effort.As the action of insulin is slower than the speed at which your body secretes glucose, the result is that during exercise you have hyperglycemia.

Hello good!Are you sure this is so?

I mean ... I understood that the function of insulin is transporting blood glucose to cells that need it , for example muscles.

You just said that the energy you have accumulated in the muscle returns to the blood and wait for insulin to secrete energy.

That is, it is like saying that insulin transports blood glucose to the muscle, and when you exercise, glucose returns to blood and insulin transports it again to the muscle ... and so on?:/

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/24/2018 7:06 a.m.

Moreover, taken from https: // vitonica.com/Hydrates/Asi-Utiliza-tu-body-los-Hydrates-of-carbon-in-ejercice
A curious fact is that the glycogen we have in a muscle cannot be poured into the blood so that another takes advantage of it.This glycogen is only usable by the muscle fiber that contains it.

It seems like the glucose that you have in the muscle (glucogen) can (and is) used by the muscle itself without insulin or any other "help."

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/24/2018 7:10 a.m.

Exact, glucose that enters the muscle, cannot leave (the muscles do not have the glucose-6-phosphatase enzyme, which is necessary to remove the phosphate from glucose, since intracellular glucose is always phosphorylated, since it is the firstwhat do you enter the cell)

Only "metabolic" organs have that enzyme and can release glucose to the blood.The liver would be the paradigm.

But except that detail, the rest was totally correct.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/24/2018 4:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.