{'en': 'Abbot prick', 'es': 'Pinchador abbot'} Image

Abbot prick

Marieta16_8's profile photo   01/07/2018 6:25 p.m.

Hello!!

I would like to know if the puncture is broken ... do they provide it to us?Or do we have to buy it on our own?And if so, where do you buy them?

It is that the first one I had to come with the meter began to open and I told my nurse in the health center and gave me one that I had plenty but that for again I knew that that ran from the patient.

The other day I fell to me and I think the same thing will happen to him ... and I prefer to have a replacement just in case ...

Thank you!

Marieta16_8's profile photo
Marieta16_8
01/07/2018 6:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Marieta16_8" Tell your nurse that if you break the puncture again and you have no replacement for it to give you a new glucometer, what is that it is on our own ..?Do not tell you milongas and replace it or put a claim in patient care in your health or hospital center.-

The other alternative and if you do not want to get into jaleos is to call Abbott and ask for a new glucometer, they will not put any problem because they where they take out the millions is in the reactive strips and they will send it to you very fast.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/07/2018 9:37 p.m.

Yes, you always have to have two glucometers and two puncturers, in case one fails. In the health center they have to give you one if you break you, and another you ask the company of your glucometer by phone, that they all attend veryWell and give them away.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/08/2018 12:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It also broke me, and first I went to the health center and they gave me a little shabby but I was worth and now I have it reserve, but I also call Abbot on the phone and they sent me one by mail, they did ask me whereI had obtained the glucometer and the serial number, I gave it to me and sent me a few days the new prick

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/08/2018 6:52 p.m.

Ok.gracias.Then I will call Abbot to see.

Marieta16_8's profile photo
Marieta16_8
01/08/2018 9:43 p.m.

As Runing50 says I have never had any problem with Abbot.
I use the insulinx as a glucometer that a bolus calculator is similar to free with the only difference that you have to click, since once programmed it indicates the amount of insulin you have to wear.
When I had a problem I have simply called Abbot and they have solved everything from a replacement for the glycometer, as well as puncturers they have even sent me two boxes of strips because I told them on one occasion that the glucometer gave me error in theMeasurements, they sent me a new team and two boxes of strips, I only had to return the device and two strips I was using, all through the agency that brought me the package from England and without any cost.
Sincerely.

JMJPN's profile photo
JMJPN
01/14/2018 2:18 p.m.

Lately, let's say in the last year, companies are reluctant to give meters, so where units will continue to give, the idea is to sell them.Since public systems refuse to prescribe strips to type II, sales have dropped and commercial strategies are rethink.I guess it will be a pendular phase and they will give them again, I have already seen it before.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/14/2018 6:55 p.m.

Well, I only have a hair glucometer.The SS only gives you one and the prick is the one who suffers the most because I fall a lot.It must be said that it has a bad quality.If it weren't because Abbott sent me, I would say it's from the Chinese.
I have freestyle but I can't use it as a capillary because in Madrid they don't give us strips for this glucometer.I bought once you throw it but it is not worth it, it needs a very fat blood drop and it does not give you time to add more like insulinx

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/16/2018 8:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.