{'en': 'Carrefour energy for hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Energy Up de Carrefour para hipoglucemias'} Image

Carrefour energy for hypoglycemia

Macarena93's profile photo   02/17/2018 9:17 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I have always taken for the hypos in my bag or coca normal lines or glucosport but the first one weighs a lot and the second apart from Caro gives me a bit of asquito.

I have seen in the Carrefour some gels that are called Energyup and I think they could also serve to rap

Thank you so much!!

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
02/17/2018 9:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

macarena93 said:
hello to everything
I have always taken for the hypos in my bag or coca normal lines or glucosport but the first one weighs a lot and the second apart from Caro gives me a little asquito
I have seen in the Carrefour some gels that are called Energyup and I think they could also serve to rap
Thank you very much

What works best in case of hypoglycemia is Gluc Up 15, I stop the hypo and control the ascent.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
02/17/2018 10:31 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

What works for me best for the case of hypoglycemia are the gels of Gluc Up 15.
To avoid hypoglycemia, he took the Glucoup tablets.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
02/17/2018 10:52 p.m.

Sincerely none of those you put convince me, I personally do what I do is simply fill the empty boats of 90 gr.of fruit porridge that they usually sell in the hyper, because they have a plug and I can take whatever, as need.In 60 cc of diluted water for example 20 or 30 gr.of sugar and what was done in the boat and take as you need, more comfortable and almost zero cost.When I go to the Sierra/Montaña I have diluted up to 50 gr of sugar in case an unforeseen event arises, that if the water is heated to dilute better, and the truth is that I have almost never needed so much but it gives me quite a lot of security.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/18/2018 10:15 p.m.

I believe that everything depends on the type of hypoglycemia, if you have seen it arrive and you are at 68 mg/dl you can take a gel or half gel care not to have then bounce because it has 40 grs of HC but for a stronger hypoglycemia and stronger hypoglycemia andWith hypo's own symptoms these gels are not as fast as any liquid drink (sugary water, Coca Cola, juice etc).
I have tried those gels and the positive part is that they are very easy to carry but they do not rise as rapid as you could think.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/19/2018 9:06 a.m.

A condensed milk tube gives a lot ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2018 9:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much to everyone, I will try to use them in minor hypoglycemia as Sigsaguer says to see how it is doing.And I will buy a couple of those from the Internet online to also try to see how, if not to load with coca queues in my bag.

regina said:
a condensed milk tube, gives a lot ..
>

Condensed

Macarena93
02/19/2018 9:26 p.m.

and the glucotabs ???They are better than Glucosport and are cheaper

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/19/2018 10:19 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
and glucotabs ???They are better than the glucosport and are cheaper

I do not know them, I use Glucosport because it is the one they have always sold in my pharmacy and never before investigating to buy them on the Internet or something, but I will inform myself.
Thank you

Macarena93
02/19/2018 10:24 p.m.

I have just occurred a way of carrying Coca Cola for the hypos without the despite and occupying so much and also avoiding the bounces of hyperglycemia for taking it whole (I did it because between the desire of the hiccup and not wanting to throw part of the can...) I have remembered that Coca Cola sells smaller cans, I think they are 200ml instead of 330, they occupy and weigh less and I think they are that amount gives you to trace a hypo (and if I do not always carry glucosport separately)
What do you think?

Macarena93
02/20/2018 7:10 p.m.

UP energy gels take longer to take effect and their duration is more sustained.They are for when for example you go to run and see that the levels begin to lower and you still have 50 or 60 minutes.
For hypos it is best Glucosport or Gluc Up for example.And if you are at home a Cocacola 250cc glass

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/23/2018 11:22 a.m.

macarena93 said:
I just had a way of carrying coca cola for the hypos without despite and occupy so much and also avoiding the bounces of hyperglycemia to take it whole (I did it because between theAnsia of the hypo and not wanting to throw part of the can ...) I have remembered that Coca Cola sells smaller cans, I think they are 200ml instead of 330, they occupy and weigh less and I think they are that amount youGIVE TO COMPLAIN A HIP (AND IF I DO NOT ALWAY'
What do you think?
In the supermarkets they sell some plastic bottles of Don Simon juice of about 250 cc that personally do well and that they also do not have the gas from the cocacola, at certain times of the day especially when it lifts you upset

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/23/2018 11:27 a.m.

Hello.I always carry sugar overflows.It's the fastest and does not weigh, and they are always on hand

puri's profile photo
puri
04/08/2019 4:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.