{'en': 'Monitor glucose using sweat.Interesting?', 'es': 'Monitorear la glucosa haciendo uso del sudor. Interesante?'} Image

Monitor glucose using sweat.Interesting?

Ruben Sousa's profile photo   02/17/2018 11:29 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Rubén and I am part of a team that participates in a course in the Massaschusets Institute of Technology (MIT).We are interested in talking with some of you who could consider a patch / device interesting that allows continuously monitoring glucose levels using the sweat produced by the body.The information would be sent to a mobile to generate tendency profiles, alerts and food recommendations to maintain the levels within the limits.

If you get your attention and you have about 10 minutes to answer some questions please write here and we will get in touch.

Thank you very much for the help!

Rubén

Ruben Sousa's profile photo
Ruben Sousa
02/17/2018 11:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That would be so good, that it seems impossible to me, because for it to be effective, it would have to give very reliable values ​​and, without blood or interstitial liquid, it is very difficult.
But of course it would interest us.
Although it would be easier to improve the continuous meters that are already there, decreasing size and increasing precision.In the MIT, surely you can get it.Luck!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2018 1:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

How we could not be interested, the matter is that we have already seen so many failed products that nobody wants to make illusions.

I do not know if this has the same base, but it sounds to me that Google's lenses intended to measure glucose by the salinity of the eye.

Anyway, if we can help something here we are.

sonnycrokkett's profile photo
sonnycrokkett
02/18/2018 7:07 p.m.

about 17 or 18 approx.Years took a clock in the US, the Glucowach, which was put on the wrist and monitored glucose through sweat;And they even began to market it, but they withdrew it right away due to the failures it gave, since there were cases, such as in people who sweated more than normal, in which the reliability was very low.If they had continued to investigate in the same line to correct it and/or improve it, surely we would have something moderately reliable.I hope this time does not happen the same.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/18/2018 7:46 p.m.

ruben sousa said:
good afternoon to all,
My name is Rubén and I am part of a team that participates in a course in the Massaschusets Institute of Technology (MIT).We are interested in talking with some of you who could consider a patch / device interesting that allows continuously monitoring glucose levels using the sweat produced by the body.The information would be sent to a mobile to generate tendency profiles, alerts and food recommendations to maintain the levels within the limits.

If you get your attention and you have about 10 minutes to answer some questions please write here and we will get in touch.

Rubén

Hi Ruben,

My son has a recent debut with five years ... we would be interested ...

All the best

mattgoose's profile photo
mattgoose
02/22/2018 2:11 p.m.

ruben sousa said:
good afternoon to all,

Rubén

Hi Rubén, I would be interested, can you give me more information?Thank you

alcanjo's profile photo
alcanjo
08/29/2019 8:10 a.m.

Good ruben I would be interested, you already tell me
thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/29/2019 12:56 p.m.

Hi, Rubén.I would also be interested, I hope the project is successful, even if it is a maximum level task!

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/01/2019 12:18 a.m.

To really serve us they have to be very exact values.It would be very useful if it were smaller and more precise than those already.That is more important or not with blood.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2019 12:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

ruben sousa said:
good afternoon to all,

Rubén

I am interested.
You will tell us

Greetings

acac's profile photo
acac
09/01/2019 11:04 a.m.

This Ruben Sousa was recorded in this forum on 02/18/18 to publish the announcement and the last time he was active in the forum was on 02/20/2018, without more, to good understanding ......

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/01/2019 11:35 a.m.

sigsauer said:
This Ruben Sousa was recorded in this forum on 12/18/18 to publish the announcement and the last time he was active in the forum was on 12/20/2018,Without further ado, to good understanding ......

You are right, @sigsauer

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
09/01/2019 11:46 a.m.

@Davidag2000 looks at the date of the publication - I have corrected was February 2018.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/01/2019 12:02 p.m.

Good morning everyone, sorry for my delay in responding to your messages in recent days.
When we were doing this interest of interest, we were very interested in finding some alternative solution to the current ones (punctures or subcutaneous monitors) to measure and predict glucose values ​​in the body according to different measurable values ​​in sweat.

However, the effort in which I was participating has not been able to move forward due to difficulties in access to the necessary technology.

In recent months there have been very interesting advances in this area that could allow that in a short time it is possible to measure precisely and safely the glucose levels from the elements that are dissolved in sweat.

I remain convinced that this would be a great idea, but personally I do not count at this time with the means to develop it beyond the idea.I can put here news that they are published regarding the advances in that regard.

Greetings for everyone.

Ruben Sousa's profile photo
Ruben Sousa
09/03/2019 6:20 p.m.

ruben sousa said:
good day everyone, sorry for my delay in responding to their messages of recent days.
When we were doing this interest of interest, we were very interested in finding some alternative solution to the current ones (punctures or subcutaneous monitors) to measure and predict glucose values ​​in the body according to different measurable values ​​in sweat.

However, the effort in which I was participating has not been able to move forward due to difficulties in access to the necessary technology.

In recent months there have been very interesting advances in this area that could allow that in a short time it is possible to measure precisely and safely the glucose levels from the elements that are dissolved in sweat.

I remain convinced that this would be a great idea, but personally I do not count at this time with the means to develop it beyond the idea.I can put here news that they are published regarding the advances in that regard.

Greetings for all.

Ok thank you very much Rubén!

alcanjo's profile photo
alcanjo
09/03/2019 9:48 p.m.

I am very interested.Please tell me where I can contact you

Manuel Fernández Raposo's profile photo
Manuel Fernández Raposo
09/08/2019 2:54 p.m.

I am also interested.Thank you

Claudio Alfonso Casetta's profile photo
Claudio Alfonso Casetta
09/08/2019 5:52 p.m.

Rubén

I am also interested.GRCIAS

Claudio Alfonso Casetta's profile photo
Claudio Alfonso Casetta
09/08/2019 5:53 p.m.

Hi Ruben, if not late, I would like to participate. Thank you

vilmaviquez's profile photo
vilmaviquez
09/09/2019 9:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.