{'en': 'I present myself, I am 18 years old and I am from Argentina', 'es': 'Me presento, tengo 18 años y soy de Argentina'} Image

I present myself, I am 18 years old and I am from Argentina

Franco0399's profile photo   01/18/2018 6:01 a.m.

Hello,

My name is Franco, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Argentina.

I was diagnosed with diabetes (I have to do studies to ensure what guy is, most likely type 1) less than a month ago.

I started at the beginning of December having a lot thirst, which led to the bathroom very often, so much that I could not sleep at night, in addition to that I had extreme and hunger tiredness, the latter was disappearing before Christmas, no longer for that notI had appetite at all.

Days before the New Year I started with a terrible acidity and everything I took or ate vomited.

On the 31st at night I could no longer and my dad took me to the clinic, obviously they went to me and I was there until Tuesday night, they had made me an ultrasound but since everything went well they sent me home with antibiotics and a pictureof gastroenteritis.

That same night they returned the acidity and the vomiting and in the morning I went to the clinic again so that they would intern.

In the afternoon they took blood and urine to analyze it and after an hour the doctor returned to tell me that I had a hyperglycemia of 300 and that it was diabetic.In the beginning I did not feel bad or anything, I said "meh, it is a common disease, it should not be very complicated" but all that changed when they referred me to intensive therapy where I spent 4 days with controls every 2 hours until I got off theketoacidosis

Now I am insulin -dependent, use basaglar 32 units at 11pm and novo rapid at breakfast, lunch and these last two days in the snack depending on how my blood glucose is since I had my first hypoglycemia and to trace it I think I exaggerated with what I ate andI could unbalance the values ​​and had some peaks of more than 250 after eating but that in a couple of hours were normalized.

I think that is all for the moment, in about 3 weeks I have to do the analysis to see what guy is and others of blood that did not tell me for what.

I will create a topic in the questions that I have quite overwhelmed, I wait for your opinions.

Greetings!

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
01/18/2018 6:01 a.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

Hello Franco.I have been 4 months and my detection was something similar to yours, I was also in intensive therapy.Sometimes I despair and I think if I can with this and I wonder why.But I have learned that I have the disease not to me.
Greetings to Argentina

SweetMajo's profile photo
SweetMajo
01/18/2018 7:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @"Franco0399"!
Do not overwhelm, it is a new situation but in the end you learn and live relatively normal.
I trust that they teach you to eat for rations and how to treat you in a hypoglycemia.The rest is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/18/2018 8:27 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Franco, I am also from Argentina, a 5 -year -old mamà, do you tell carbohydrates to eat?They explained how to act in a hypoglycemia?And I imagined were taught you to use glucagon?.You will learn little by little, it is a lot of information together!But quiet, you will also know your body, as reacts to different meals, exercise you do, etc.One of the objects would be that you can eat everything, learning to use insulin, I am still in that ... but as I told you ... everything is learning!Cheer up!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/18/2018 1:03 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello, thank you all for answering, the doctor who attended me explained how to treat a hypo but at no time did he appoint me the glucagon.Regarding carbohydrates, he told me that at the moment I was not going to teach me because I was going to overwhelm me.I put the doses before each meal depending on the value it has at the time.

Franco0399
01/19/2018 8:41 p.m.

Hi Franco0399.Welcome.
I do not know if I have skipped something when reading you or I have not learned well but, if they have not taught you to count the hydrates, what dose do you put before each meal?I ask you why I see it somewhat dangerous, you can pass you and to give you hypoglycemia or fall short and to give you hyperglycemia.I think they should have taught you, at least above, how is the issue of portions.
And, as you have told you, do not stir.It is clear that this suddenly comes and there are many things suddenly in a very short time, but you'll see how you get used to time and end up taking the measure.It has happened to everyone, I think.
For any questions you just have to ask here that, surely, there is someone who will help you.:
Courage and good luck.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/19/2018 9:53 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Hello Welcome
Well, 12 -year -old Angel's mother living with type 1 dependent bone diabetes
I think both your family and you are shock
I think the first thing is to know that you can with this?Over time you will become an expert and then you will know how to handle it
You must learn to know normal values ​​with glucose diabetes: while you eat, do not eat, or after eating, sleeping, exercise.
You will see you'll see well.

A hug

Angel Andres 's profile photo
Angel Andres
01/19/2018 11:41 p.m.

Helloaaaaa.@Alb85 I put the doses depending on how I am from values ​​before eating, very rarely I went from 180 (normally I am between 100 and 150), and I think it was not for lack of control, but because the disease occurred to the disease:P In the next appointment we will surely make some adjustments and I will ask you to show me the carbohydrate count although I already have an idea, but it is better explained in words than reading.
@"Angel Andres" Hello, yes, the truth is that I have a hard time accepting it yet, but hey, I will have no choice but to learn to cope with the disease having a normal life :)

Franco0399
01/26/2018 2:26 a.m.

Hello everyone!I also introduce myself, my name is Cintia and it seems that my little ones have diagnosed diabetes but they have not yet told me anything else.I have no idea this disease and for now I have read a super simple article ( Link but I need to soak up more information urgently and, above all, of advice from other fathers and mothers.My son is only 6 years old and we had to enter it after not stopped vomiting and had (this started a few days before the vomiting) a lot thirst, as always was dehydrated.Right now they are testing and I just hope it is improved and not suffer ... thanks for this forum, when I find it I felt less alone.Greetings to all!

Cintia_de_metal's profile photo
Cintia_de_metal
02/01/2018 4:10 p.m.

@"Cintia_de_metal" I am also a Mom of a 5 -year -old boy.Your child is still interned?Have you confirmed the diagnosis?I know what you are living, there is much to learn but you have to go more calmly (although it is a bit complicated) that can be.
Tell us a little like this we can tell you our experiences!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
02/01/2018 4:44 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello Cintia_de_metal
My 12 -year -old son diagnosed from the 10 type 1 diabetes
In my case Angel entered Hospital Symptomatology well marked thirst, exorbitant hunger and oRinadera, I was not hospitalized that day in La.Mañana with a 130 glucose test and in the afternoon after the most exhaustive exams and the endocrinologist was confirming me diagnosisThe next day Angel was already with the insulin dose.It was all very fast.
I think that if I do not have said anything it is because the analyzes are not conclusive I hope your baby recovers and if you are diagnosed with diabetes welcome to the group of warriors, this highly recommended forum 1 because you will not see yourself alone and you can ask and there will always be an answeror opinion.
A hug.

Angel Andres
02/02/2018 6:03 p.m.

Hi Dani because your son is still admitted to hospital if he was diagnosed in May :(
I hope you will continue better and you will see that everything will work out.
A hug

Angel Andres
02/02/2018 6:07 p.m.

Hello, I am overwhelmed but because the negligent of the doctors do not give me an accurate diagnosis, some say that it is prediabetes and others that it is hyperglycemia that is different from diabetes since only the sugar is uploaded "suddenly" they sent me analyzes the analyzes theWhich will check me just these Wednesday are these:

PRE SANG GLUCOSE: 92 mg/dl
POST GANK GLUCOSE: 101 mg/dl

These values ​​are normal, according to I have read but the exam The glycosylated hemoglobin a half a result of 7.3 that is good control but a non-diabeticA doctor told me that it was prediabetes and another that was hyperglycemia, three months ago they took the same exams and the same the first good but the glycosylated also went out high, I know who to pay attention to :( and in the meantime I present these symptoms:

1, dizziness
2, a lot of hunger today ate a arepa with egg and ham, also coffee in milk and was hungry and had to eat another bread because hunger followed me, after lunch a half hour later it was as if notthere would be nothing, just thinking about eating
3, sticky mouth, and lips parties
4, more desire to urinate, when I get up in the morning I must run to the bathroom
5, I have presented recurring infections of fungi diarrhea and occasionally with fever
6, I know a lot when I walk or if I exercise too much wetting the shirt
7, my hands sweat,

Those results have me bewildered and not whether to follow the diet without sugar or eat normal, since if without sugar I think it gives me something because I can lower the sugar?:( :( I have been diagnosed or treatment since November and I have no treatment ,,,

sella's profile photo
sella
02/02/2018 10:50 p.m.

@"Séla" cannot have you like that, I would look for other doctors who diagnose you well.

Franco0399
02/03/2018 3:04 p.m.

No, if you do not use insulin, they will not give you whim. It seems that the symptoms are for high glucose.They have to follow up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2018 9:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.