Freestyle replacement for another brand

JordiV's profile photo   02/23/2018 2:42 p.m.

Hello.
I have used freestyle censors for glucose control censors.
When I make the order ABBOOT, it takes a long time, and I am left without stock, when I wear the last one, I ask the following.
Now I find that the replacement does not arrive, and they send me mail to tell me that it takes approximately 3 weeks, and I am considering looking for another brand.

Can you help me?

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
02/23/2018 2:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Dexcom and Medtronic ... but they are more expensive ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/23/2018 4:10 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I do not find link for Dexcom, I also consider it, for the same reason and because I think that in the long run, if the sensors are stretched, it is more profitable and with better performance.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/23/2018 9:46 p.m.

Dexcom Supplies No Novalab, you have to contact them @"merchem"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/24/2018 10:08 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Forgive to deviate a little from the thread, but with the freestyle you can measure the glucose minute by minute?It seemed to me to read something like that you could only read it every 15 minutes, but when you read it it gave you all the minute by minute history

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/24/2018 11:03 a.m.

duplicate by error

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/24/2018 11:03 a.m.

Farsar with the free you see when you pass the reader or failing the mobile with the official app.You also see the online curve of your glycemia.
Then with social diabetes, another app, you can get values ​​every 15 minutes (reading only with the mobile), with a delay of even 30 minutes, that is, I just read at 19.15 and the data I see are: 18.53 -18.38 - 18.23 - 18.08 - 17.54 (The minutes depend on the moment of reading, so they are variable)
It is possible that you are referring to the fact that Freestyle reading goes about 15 minutes of delay, about capillary reading because it is reading interstitial glucose?
With the Free reader read everything you want, if you want every minute, then read, as I say ... FREE BAR (60 euros to amortize)
You can also mount it with other technologies that will give you more more detailed options, curves and data, (more money investment but more benefits, yes)

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/24/2018 7:32 p.m.

merchem said:
Farstar with the free see value when you pass the reader or failing the mobile with the official app.You also see the online curve of your glycemia.
Then with social diabetes, another app, you can get values ​​every 15 minutes (reading only with the mobile), with a delay of even 30 minutes, that is, I just read at 19.15 and the data I see are: 18.53 -18.38 - 18.23 - 18.08 - 17.54 (The minutes depend on the moment of reading, so they are variable)
It is possible that you are referring to the fact that Freestyle reading goes about 15 minutes of delay, about capillary reading because it is reading interstitial glucose?
With the Free reader read everything you want, if you want every minute, then read, as I say ... FREE BAR (60 euros to amortize)
You can also mount it with other technologies that will give you more more detailed options, curves and data, (more money investment but more benefits, yes)

What I understood is that we say that the sensor collects the information for 15 minutes, but does not give it to you.

For example, at 19:00 it begins to collect data for 15 minutes.So if you read at 7:00 p.m. or 19:05 or at 7:10 p.m., you still give you the same information (the 18: 45-19: 00).

And when 19:15 arrive, the sensor has already finished collecting the data in the last quarter of an hour (19: 00-19: 15) and if you read them all give them to you.

I don't know if I have explained.But that, which I understood that the glucose minute to minute was internally stored but only lets you read once has compiled 15 minutes of readings.

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/24/2018 9:25 p.m.

Farstar@ attached some photos to see if it helps you.
The reader passes it whenever you want and read, also on mobile.
FreeLink Official App, several photos.
Social App Synchronize diabetes and how values ​​are seen.
Any more questions, you tell me.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/24/2018 10:28 p.m.

Thanks for the photos!They help a lot.

Anyway, if you are looking for an alternative, you will not be very happy with the experience with Freestyle right?That of being 3 weeks without stock in something so important seems to me that the company does not do things xD

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/25/2018 9:13 a.m.

For me the freestyle has been to open a door I did not know.Help and a lot to know, hallucins with things as simple as a glass of milk, an orange ... You learn a lot, I recorded the data of 2 months every hour (with social diabetes) and my meals and insulin and I have made decisions that meThey have helped improve my data.
I have a mosqueo with Abbott, yes, of course, do they tease me?If I can, I want to continue advancing in MGC, and economically if you are able to extend the sensors, apart from being more complete for alarms, it is the same or cheaper.
I have placed the request with foresight (I hope) but ... but I pay long before it comes to me and that only happens to me in Abbott.
The Cortés does not remove the brave, help, but there are other options to value.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/25/2018 8:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.