Hello everyone

Patus's profile photo   02/27/2018 1:37 p.m.

Good morning, I am Patus, from Argentina and I have 4 children.I have never entered a diabetes forum and while reading them I wondered why I would not have done it before ... My older daughter has type 1 diabetes mellitus since the age of 5.We came quite well but for about 20 days it began to require less and less insulin to the point that we stop using the corrective and lower the basal to more than 50%.I made a laboratory that they give me this afternoon because a possibility is that the requirements of indulin desindle because it is celiac.I am very sad, my daughter is an angel and this would be one more thing to be added ... Has anyone lived something similar?

Patus's profile photo
Patus
02/27/2018 1:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, I am also from Argentina, welcome.Because of what I read, it is not uncommon for people with diabetes to also end with celiacy, they talk about a 10%percentage.I am now scared because my aunt is also celiac, and that in theory would already increase my possibilities.

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
02/27/2018 1:48 p.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

Hi Franco, thanks for answering.Do not be afraid, if you already accepted diabetes, Celiciaía is a detail.Few are the restrictions that are added ... That is my comfort.Where are you from?

Patus's profile photo
Patus
02/27/2018 1:51 p.m.

I am from Chaco :) The good thing about Argentina is that it has many products for celiacs but hey, hopefully none ends that also haha

Franco0399
02/27/2018 2:02 p.m.

This is Franco .... My question is whether it is not celiachy ... why do we lower the dose of insulin so much ????

Patus's profile photo
Patus
02/27/2018 2:12 p.m.

I do not carry much in this, some kind of late honeymoon I do not believe, I never saw such a case, the only thing that occurs to me is that it is something hormonal.

Franco0399
02/27/2018 2:20 p.m.

@"Patus", welcome to the forum, we all help each other, some sharing experiences and advice and doubts, too.
In my experience and for everything I have read, the fact of being a celiac or making gluten -free diet does not influence insulin requirements.If you have any questions, in what I can, I am at order.Greetings to Argentina.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/27/2018 9:13 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hi @"Solararia", what is your diet based on celiachy and diabetes?I ask in case I get to present having a genetic predisposition :)

Franco0399
02/27/2018 11:30 p.m.

This is Franco .... My question is whether it is not celiachy ... why do we lower the dose of insulin so much ????

Patus's profile photo
Patus
02/27/2018 11:39 p.m.

Hi Solararia!Thanks for your comments and information and for your disposition.Luckily the result gave negative but I keep wondering why we go down and lower the dose and keep doing hypoglycemia of 50 several times a day.Grace again and greetings to all

Patus's profile photo
Patus
02/27/2018 11:41 p.m.

@"Franco0399", don't worry ahead of time.Genetic predisposition with the Hoplootype DQ2/DQ8 positive has 30 % of the population and of these only 1 % will be celiac.It is true that diabetics have more numbers in this lottery.As for food, UFFF, is that in the end you get used to everything!At home I cook and like everything (except gluten, of course).The problem for a celiac is to go out to eat outside since there is no control with cross contamination.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/28/2018 12:59 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.