I am type 2 diabetic, I am doing diet and exercises and the sugar went from 115 to 230

ernesto210767's profile photo   12/27/2018 7 p.m.

I am eating healthy, I run in a jogging machine for 30 minutes, it turns out that my sugar levels were always low but add to the trot an additional physical exercise in a total crunch machine I do not know if it is well written but I feel that the sugar goes up and it isFrustrating, I have read that the adrenaline rises through the effort and that causes my levels to rise, however more than 4 hours of the exercise have passed and instead of lowering the levels they have increased only take a glass of oatmeal more my pillof 4mg glymepirid that I prescribe my doctor, is this normal?Please I need answers if someone has happened to someone, I will thank you since I am very depressed and I don't know if that makes the levels rise more.
Ernesto

ernesto210767's profile photo
ernesto210767
12/27/2018 7 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it's normal because you got a good chute of carbohydrates with oats.
Cereals are pure carbohydrate, you must take it before exercise to burn them, if not insulin.With type 2 diabetes, you can only burn them with exercise.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/28/2018 11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Welcome to the forum @Ernesto210767, let's see if we can help you!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/29/2018 9:42 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello.As Ruthbia says, you added the cereal to the climb.Always have insulin for support.It happened to me once and then I had no choice but to be injected to control the quick sugar.Usually when I exercise, at the end of the same sugar is high, but gradually lowers.I avoid eating strong after it, for what you say.Water, fruit, and snack nuts.It also verifies the reading if possible with another glucometer.You would be surprised to see that the readings fail.When I have doubts about a very high reading, I have two tests.You must also calibrate the equipment with the solution that exists for them.To have one idea, the other day, after a while of having ingested food I tried and gave me a 190. As I knew I had not ingested so much, I took the test with another glucometer and gave me 128!So I stayed calm.Another thing in that aspect, I will always follow the minor reading, why?Because if I inject insulin to lower a 190 and I put for example 8 units, I am going to go down to a hiccup of less e 50. Because my glucose is in 128.
Quiet with that, keep doing your exercise.

Diego
D2
I started insulin at Feb 2018
Now metformin since April and decreasing dose
Glycosylon in 5.8 September 2017

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/30/2018 12:40 p.m.

Do a lot of cardio.The diet alone will not go down.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/30/2018 12:43 p.m.

Adding to the comment of glucometers readings.I just succeeded me, fasting, he read me 179, which did not seem normal, because last night I took my pill after a strong dinner.I looked for the other glucometer and gave me one of 117, which is totally normal and controlled.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/30/2018 2:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.