Bath with Dexcom G5

MarAguilera's profile photo   03/01/2018 10:58 p.m.

Hello
My daughter has started using this device.I have problems with sensor stickers.What can be done to secure the glue?Can you protect with something?And when do you bathe in the sea?Thanks for what you can tell me.

MarAguilera's profile photo
MarAguilera
03/01/2018 10:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"maraguilera" you can put Skin Tac is excellent to reinforce the sensor, I also put adhesive kinesioligic tape above the sensor to hold better!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/02/2018 3:14 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello!I put a semi -permeable transpirable transpirable dressing.It cannot be put on top of the sensor, you have to cut it and put it on the white sticker, let's say.I cut four pieces and put it on, and it lasts a lot.If you take off a little, I get another x on top, as is transparent, you don't notice much.
There are many brands, they are sold in any pharmacy these dressings, they are the typical that are used on venous pathways so that the waterproof and perspire zone is.
I have bathed in the sea a lot of times, for several hours, and does not take off.I do not cover it with anything because I put it in the upper part of the buttock and the bikini covers it.
Greetings!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/02/2018 1:57 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

dani76 said:
hello @"maraguilera" you can put Skin Tac is excellent to reinforce the sensor, I also put adhesive kinesioligic tape above the sensor to hold better!

Thank you so much!Very useful

MarAguilera
03/02/2018 3:22 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
hello!I put a semi -permeable transpirable transpirable dressing.It cannot be put on top of the sensor, you have to cut it and put it on the white sticker, let's say.I cut four pieces and put it on, and it lasts a lot.If you take off a little, I get another x on top, as is transparent, you don't notice much.
There are many brands, they are sold in any pharmacy these dressings, they are the typical that are used on venous pathways so that the waterproof and perspire zone is.
I have bathed in the sea a lot of times, for several hours, and does not take off.I do not cover it with anything because I put it in the upper part of the buttock and the bikini covers it.
Greetings!

MarAguilera
03/02/2018 3:26 p.m.

I also reinforce with a transparent apartment, now I use Tegaderm, previously cut a hole to get the transmitter but now I leave it covered and go the same, I have not yet noticed change that measures worse loses signal

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/02/2018 5:14 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
I also reinforce with a transparent apartment, now use tegaderm, before cutting a hole to remove the transmitter but now I leave it covered and go the same, I have not yet noticed or change thatmeasure worse loses signal

Thank you so much.I will ask in the pharmacy

MarAguilera
03/02/2018 9:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.