{'en': 'Glucagon test, have you done it?', 'es': 'Prueba del Glucagón, os la han hecho?'} Image

Glucagon test, have you done it?

Jotabono's profile photo   01/07/2019 12:13 p.m.

Hello, everyone,

Well, you will see, on December 17 (less than a month ago) I debuted in type 1 diabetes (although they still have to confirm the type exactly) and they sent me a series of tests (electrocardiogram, visit to the endocrine, a course for diabetes...) And one of them is the glucagon test, which I have on January 11.

In theory they told me that glucagon click me, going fasting, and they want to see if in front of a glucose rise, my pancreas reacts something.

Have someone done this test?Do I have the truth quite ancient ... is it a dangerous test?

All the best!:)

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/07/2019 12:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They have never done it to me, but it is not dangerous.They will administer glucagon and look at the pectide C. I am not sure but I think they inject the glucagon.
If you are nervous, call you to test and ask what it consists of and so you will stay calm.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/07/2019 12:36 p.m.

They have never done it to me and I do not know anyone who has done it (whatever I know)

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
01/07/2019 12:37 p.m.

@Jotabono is the first time I read something like that ... it must be very new ... or to discard/confirm diagnoses ... I don't know ... let's tell you, you'll tell us!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/07/2019 2:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Jo!I want it !!!!
I had never heard it.
The 18 touches me, I will see if they do it to me

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/08/2019 12:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I'll tell you how such!I guess even type 1, it is possible that my pancreas is still making an attempt to segregate insulin, so we are called "honeymoon" the newly debuted.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/08/2019 1:18 a.m.

With a blood analysis, it is known how much insulin the pancreas is producing.The glucose test does not know if it determines something specific.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/08/2019 4:47 p.m.

@Jotabono, because here we are all intrigued.Do not forget to tell us what the test is going.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/08/2019 6:48 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Maybe it is the test that gives you to drink every half hour a glass of glucose to see the reaction of the body

marigu's profile photo
marigu
01/10/2019 8:56 p.m.

marigu said:
Maybe is the test that gives you to drink every half hour a glass of glucose to see the reaction of the body

Tomorrow I have the test.In principle I have found an explanation to what the test is: Link

Tomorrow I tell you.Greetings!

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/10/2019 9 p.m.

Well nothing, in the end it has been a simple test.It has lasted about 15 minutes, they have put a way and put me glucagon for the catheter, at 6 minutes it has made a blood and home analysis.The results will give them to me on my next visit.Apparently this test at the Clinic Hospital they do all debutants.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/11/2019 11:42 a.m.

And for that one way ??I had a childbirth 3 months ago and for me the worst were the roads hahahaha measured the contractions in themselves hurt more or less than the roads I was wearing.
You will tell us what they have analyzed because I do not understand very well ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/11/2019 12:58 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Good morning.It is the first time that I write here although Leo has been one year ago that I debuted with type 1.
I am grateful to all your experience and your comments that I learned I would say casí everything.
They also tested the glucagon and I was scared, but it is very simple, a puncture, a few minutes and is already and measures the pancreàtica reserve.
Thank you very much to everyone.
All the best.

Pau's profile photo
Pau
01/13/2019 10:56 a.m.

jotabono said:
well nothing, in the end it has been a simple test.It has lasted about 15 minutes, they have put a way and put me glucagon for the catheter, at 6 minutes it has made a blood and home analysis.The results will give them to me on my next visit.Apparently this test at the Clinic Hospital do all debutants.

I am not being able to have helped you because I have read your post late.
They made it with the debut and they also put me one way and I only remember having spent a lot of internal heat for about 5 minutes.You have already seen that it is nothing but I understand that you were scared, in the face of things that we do not know and with the theme of diabetes always scares.
Let's see what your results, courage and patience say.
Greetings

garlea's profile photo
garlea
01/13/2019 2:03 p.m.

They have never done me, having to put the glucagon (for being "unconscious") 2/3 times and gives you a sugar climb almost at the time ...

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
01/15/2019 7:23 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

garlea said:

jotabono said:
well nothing, in the end it has been a simple test.It has lasted about 15 minutes, they have put a way and put me glucagon for the catheter, at 6 minutes it has made a blood and home analysis.The results will give them to me on my next visit.Apparently this test at the Clinic Hospital do all debutants.

I am not being able to have helped you because I have read your post late.
They made it with the debut and they also put me one way and I only remember having spent a lot of internal heat for about 5 minutes.You have already seen that it is nothing but I understand that you were scared, in the face of things that we do not know and with the theme of diabetes always scares.
Let's see what your results, courage and patience say.
Greetings

Exactly, I also noticed that heat, and I got the nausea, but naada, nothing serious!

Samuel11489 said:
They have never done me, having to put the glucagon (because I am "unconscious") 2/3 times and gives you a rush of sugar almost at the time ...

Wow ... That is the fear we have all we started, having to pull glucagon.I can ask you if you know what you did wrong or what failed to have those hypoglycemia that left you unconscious?

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
01/15/2019 9:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.