{'en': 'What does Hi mean in the glucometer?', 'es': 'Que significa HI en el glucómetro?'} Image

What does Hi mean in the glucometer?

Yankos's profile photo   03/03/2018 9:21 p.m.

Daily I punish myself and get readings of a True result.But I have had an answer hi today.Thinking that reading would be bad I did 7 more tests on different fingers and the glucometer response was always the same: hi.

What does it mean?Should I worry because reading gets out of the way?

I'm going to the hospital?

Thank you

Yankos

Yankos's profile photo
Yankos
03/03/2018 9:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Look at the instructions but usually when Hi indicates that the glucose value has exceeded the maximum limit that your glucometer can measure ... repeat the capillary, just in case it has been a mistake

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/03/2018 9:39 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

That you have hyperglycemia: that is what it indicates.A value greater than 500 that is usually the limit of the machine, HI, of the word: high (high)

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
03/03/2018 9:48 p.m.

If you know how to correct yourself with fast, correct.If not, go to the hospital.
I would put 4 units of fast and look at two hours, to see if it was enough correction.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2018 12:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They told me that in those situations I put the correction insulin and immediately to the hospital (my Machine brand Hi when it exceeds 600) passed me on 2 times and in the 2 I did.I don't know if it will be for the ketones, but they made me soundtrap for 7 hours until it stabilized (2 times)

Caranchina's profile photo
Caranchina
03/04/2018 12:44 a.m.

jpr said:
look at the instructions but usually when Hi comes out indicates that the glucose value has exceeded the maximum limit that your glucelomether can measure ... repeat the capillary, just in case it hasbeen a mistake

The glucose level is definitely exceeding glucometer values.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
10/29/2018 10:06 p.m.

Link
On page 43 you have the detail, as the companions have told you it is an excessively high value.I don't know the date of the first message since it does not appear.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/29/2018 10:15 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It is from March 3 of last year.If you pass the mouse above the calendar icon on the left where it puts "report" you get the date.What I don't know is because the forum sends me this thread in the weekly summary.

polaris's profile photo
polaris
10/20/2019 12:04 p.m.

For that meter model, I think it means more than 500 mg/dl.That is very high, you should always try to be below 180-200.For correction, fast insulin notes:

1. The amount depends on your insulin sensitivity you use, which should have told you your endocrine.That is determined by repeated measures over time, and then a calculation is made.The correction they have told you of 4 units I see it a bit low for 500 mg/dl, but each case is different.

2. The rhythm of normal variation is 1 mg/dl per minute.So what you should do is repeated measurements every hour.If the difference goes from 60 mg/dl, be attentive when you go down 150 because you are at risk of hypoglycemia.If it is much less than 60 (say only 10-20), maybe additional insulin.

In any case, you must talk to your endocrine and explain all this and the amounts of insulin that you should put by HC ration to have normal blood glucose.If you continue with those figures, you can have long -term problems.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
10/20/2019 1:03 p.m.

In those high values, it is convenient to measure ketone bodies, and if they exceed 3 mol/l go immediately to the hospital.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/20/2019 4:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Hi is "high" in English

Be_happy's profile photo
Be_happy
03/22/2020 9:14 p.m.

Jankos Good afternoon, I hope it is fine if I marched to the hospital.American brand glucometer strip quadruple electrode.In my Autonomous Community Aragon won the contest 2 years ago if you are in 2021 the glucometer will surely be expired.High-End True is more than 600 It is simple if you wear 600 you have your mouth as the sole of a shoe you are thirsty and you do nothing but urinate apart the sternum will hurt you will cost you to breathe and if you are a long time you will start vomiting bile.Excellent idea AA cuda emergencies. A event like this has happened to me many times for not having placed the slow insulin 3 days or more.Greetings and that you get better.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/17/2021 4:59 p.m.

K5288pn25.

yankos said:
daily shed and get readings of a True result.But I have had an answer hi today.Thinking that reading would be bad I did 7 more tests on different fingers and the glucometer response was always the same: hi.

What does it mean?Should I worry because reading gets out of the way?

I'm going to the hospital?

Thank you

Yankos

jonatan's profile photo
jonatan
08/15/2021 5:13 p.m.

It means readings greater than 500, if it remains in time I would go to the emergency room

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/15/2021 9:44 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Hello,
Alarm !! If Hi appears High High in English (when it appears it is that you have more than 500 and the reader cannot even tell you the exact reading !!!!)
On the other hand, if it appears, Low low in English (the same thing happens but with a very low reading !!!)
If it is very often how you say .... do not stop going to the hospital please .... you know the problems you can have ....

tete's profile photo
tete
10/31/2021 11:15 a.m.

I am again
And if it is a punctual result, I don't know, get some fast insulin and go controlling it, you have eaten something with sugar or more hydrates than normal ...

tete's profile photo
tete
10/31/2021 11:17 a.m.

Hospital yes or yes, they have to control you in several values, glucose, ketone bodies etc ...

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
12/05/2021 11:43 a.m.

@jonatan, it is a very high value that must be corrected.If it is punctual, you would have to run quickly.
How did you solve it?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/05/2021 2:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If “Hi” appears in the reader when a user scan the sensor with the reader, it means that the reading is greater than 500 mg/dl.You can touch the message button for more information.The user must verify their blood glucose level in the finger yolk with a reactive strip.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
12/06/2021 8:57 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

Reading is a custom of the past,, what I do not understand is that in the case of health, the manual of such a useful and necessary machine is not read ....... and knowing what the message comes out of Hi... I know since I left the hospital in my debut, with a glucometer and insulin .....

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
12/25/2022 6:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.