Doubt Diabetes and Occupational Hours

Jesule83's profile photo   03/05/2018 12:39 p.m.

Hello.I have an average legal consultation that I think is going in this subforum.
In my work they are thinking of putting fixed shifts on the weekend.Until now it was rotated and worked two months of the weekend per year, which had my controls much worse on the topic of schedules and for the number of hours a day.
When it is only two months a year, at no time have I complained and I have controlled it as best I have been able to but now that it may become a fixed turn, I wanted to know if I can present any document or ask my endocrine to make a document thatExplain this to present in my company.

Has anyone else had a similar situation?Where can this document be requested?

Thank you so much.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/05/2018 12:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A question, why did you have the controls worse?The same can be solved, in fact I think it is to do ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/05/2018 3:34 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hello.
Because the schedules are different, because they are 14 -hour days and because work is different than during the week.

Going from that activity to then during the week is what lacks my levels.

That is why my question.

Thanks anyway to answer.

Jesule83's profile photo
Jesule83
03/05/2018 3:45 p.m.

Hello @"Jesule83",

I don't think the endocrine can play the role you say, I think you have to ask for guidance on how to control yourself better if you have that turn, as JPR tells you.Or comment on your company to touch the minimal possible weekend.

Luck

piruha's profile photo
piruha
03/06/2018 9:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

jesule83 said:
hello.
Because the schedules are different, because they are 14 -hour days and because work is different than during the week.

Going from that activity to then during the week is what lacks my levels.

That is why my question.

Thanks anyway to answer.

You have to talk to your endocrine, explain everything well and adjust your insulin to a specific activity and may variable.As I told you before, the solution is that, in my point of view.I carry with rotary schedules 8 years and a lot of schedules variability and in the activities of my work between one day and another and I maintain glycemic control.And I suppose like me, many here.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/06/2018 3:58 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I do not think that your endocrine makes you any such document, there are works that are really bad for our control, for the excess of hours and the physical activity they suppose.In these situations it is frankly difficult to make both things compatible but if there is no other solution you have to try, the endocrine can mark a guideline of the medication according to your schedules or change to an insulin that controls them better, yet remembers that this does not leave tomorrowAnd you must think about you and try to improve your way of life possibly with another job that adapts more to your needs.I know things are wrong but remember that they can always get worse, you have to always go towards the best.Luck!

lulu72's profile photo
lulu72
03/10/2018 10:37 p.m.

The one who can recommend a change is the doctor who makes annual recognition to give you suitable to work in your position.Be very clear that the company can try to throw you.With me they did, but I fight judicially and trade union, they readjected to me and changed my position by taking my night shifts.For me the first is health.

XMIKE's profile photo
XMIKE
03/19/2018 12:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.