Lifestyle, insulin bomb, overcoming, private company.

solocotrompo's profile photo   01/25/2019 12:47 p.m.

Hello everyone, a pleasure greet you.20 years of diabetes.I use a 640g bomb, I will carry with it about three years.Before I used another lower model of Medtronic, "I think it worked much better than this new one", but well the changes make them in the hospital and you let go because you think it will be better.The ancient was working for 6 years without any problem and its management was very easy and intuitive, I miss it.With the new 640g it is all more cumbersome, I suppose that it is for security and for the possibility of connection with a continuous glucose meter of which I have never arranged despite my repeated requests to my endocrine to facilitate it,"Every four months I am in consultation giving the can," I suppose there are profiles to assign them.My autonomous community is Andalusia.Well what I am going;I have to say that the Medtronic Service in my case has been and is being impeccable, both in supply of reservoirs and in a pump change that I had to perform about 4 months ago, because the new 640g literally cracked behind the backWhere he carries the motor, and although he worked perfectly, the endocrine suggested to ask for change, and so it was.They were professionals and fast.
The causes of breakage I do not know, I do not remember hitting anyone with her or juggling, although I have to say that I practice risk sports activities, but I have invented some system to protect it from blows and cold.
I have decided to comment on my experience with the 640G because lately I can not control the postprandial level before breakfast, and I have been so long, even thinking that it could be the bomb failure.My last glucosilada was 6.5.And the next I'm sure it will demoralize me.I will try to climb night basal, control the exercise, carbohydrates and others and thus discard.As a result of this, I think a lot about continuous meters, which would be the most indicated, depending on my work and activities, price or the possibility of being supplied by social security at once? I have the feeling of receiving a treatmenthalf.
Buying it would be an excessive effort to me, but I have to mortgage for my health, I will.

Another very important issue is the issue of diabetes and private companies.I work in a shopping center for many years.My shifts are alternative, tomorrow and afternoon week, I have half an hour of rest in each of them, they do not allow me to have a fixed and defined schedule of the rest of that half hour, in order to control the guidelines that we all know,It is something that outrages me and causes me resignation, it bothers me a lot.The company's doctor is aware of the circumstances, but does not provide any solution to control my diabetes and of course, feel equally with others, respecting my work shifts without moving for it.I am totally convinced that this does not help at all, but quite the opposite.Perhaps, this daily struggle at work together with the love I feel for nature and adventure, lead me to perform activities where risk and overcoming are the most important, helps me to be happy and feel the same as all and veryVery valid.
Forgive this brick.A hug to all, and go forward, that although we have to be able to or yes.

solocotrompo's profile photo
solocotrompo
01/25/2019 12:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I forgot to say that if any of you wanted to walk through Sierra Nevada, make some of your peaks or know other mountains of the environment, it would be a privilege to be able to guide them and show you these wonderful places.We would enjoy.:)

solocotrompo
01/25/2019 4:25 p.m.

Does anyone work in private companies?In public companies I know that there are no problems to adapt our routines, but in private ones .....
Do they make you hind up, or do you facilitate it?I have been complaining and without a response for many years.

solocotrompo
01/26/2019 8:22 p.m.

@Solocotrompo these issues are usually moved by the unions, if you are not already, I advise you to join and move it to you since we as individual workers have very little strength.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2019 9:57 p.m.

On this in particular they have not yet helped after many years of affiliation, and of course I asked for collaboration many times.I do not know if otherwise the prevention law assists us in some way in this regard, or that we are really in balls in this area.Thanks anyway, Sigsauer.

solocotrompo
01/28/2019 11:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.