3 days ago that my son from 7 in the morning raises and wakes him up with 240 ... What to do?

Dani Se's profile photo   03/13/2018 12:52 p.m.

Hello everyone!Usually after my son has a fever, the subsequent days is high until we accommodate the values, but this time three days ago he wakes up in 240, 280, he carries the Dexcom and it seems that from 7 he begins to climb until 8.45 thatHe gets up, today at 7 he already had 240 we corrected with 1U, until 845 who lifts himself to breakfast, but because he passes all night in values ​​of 140, 150 will begin to climb so much?I await your experiences, the diabetologist told me to go up 1 unit the lantus, staying with approximately 6u 1730 hours.But I am bewildered ..... something common in life with diabetes, right? Thank you in advance!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/13/2018 12:52 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

The well -known "Alba phenomenon" is happening.
To reduce your "headaches" trying to solve this problem through insulin feathers (which is very difficult without causing other problems), try to get an insulin pump (it also has its problems, but the "Alba phenomenon" is easily solved).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
03/13/2018 1:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Lantus goes up, as the endo told you, a unit.You will have to keep up insulin until growth ends.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/13/2018 5:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, I uploaded a unit La Lantus, if I will continue to go up according to their needs, it catches my attention that passes the morning with good values ​​and rises before awakening.Thank you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/14/2018 1:18 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Because the insulin falls, it lasts more and more strongly to more units.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2018 1:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

If you see that it is not solved that way, the solution is the pump, as I told you @mamarvazq, but if you increase, it will be solved.
A unit and wait two days, to see if it is enough.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2018 1:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.