Absolute uncontrol

Macarena93's profile photo   03/14/2018 2:14 a.m.

After more than 15 years as a diabetics and we have always below 7, normally 6.6 or so, I have been in anguish for 3 months.After a change in the insulin brand and a strong flu, everything was out of control and there is no way to return to normal.
According to my free freestyle, my glucose average is 205, which means that right now I will have a hem of more than 9, I do not even want to imagine it ...
I have managed to have the sugar moderately well at noon and sometimes in the afternoon but the rest of the time I do not get out of 190.
Nor does I get more than 220 of normal but it is still crazy, and I have no idea what is happening since I use the same insulin dose as before all this happened to me and I assure you that I was always controlled (and before I did not countThe carbohydrates many times already constitutes you save everything looks at me and I don't pass a hair with food)
Whenever I have it above 200, he corrected me with a little insulin but I can't abuse because of normal corrections at the end they give me hicc as a fast, so I correct myself with little and in the end I get up again at hours and I have toI correct myself again and so ... it's horrible.
I am quite worried about what can affect me in the long term take 3 months with an average of more than 200 glucose
I don't know what to do

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
03/14/2018 2:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"macarena93" my son also after a strong flu was out of control, in his case when he woke up.What slow nsulina?It seems that slow missing ...

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/14/2018 4:21 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

What insulin do you use now?If you went from Lantus to Toujeo, the dose of Toujeo is usually greater than that of Lantus ,.You will have to go up the slow dose until they wake up with good values.
It is not clear to me if you have returned to the insulin you used before, but, even if so, you will have to climb the slow one.One in one unit and waiting for two days.Maybe with two or three more units of slow, you fix it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2018 8:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I changed the fast (Apidra to Novorapid) and changed the slow (lantus) twice a day to one.It seemed that this at first if it did well, less because two hours before to puncture me again it was noted that it no longer had an effect but I had it more or less controlled, now it seems that it does not take effect at any time or that I know.
I am going to upload it today a unit both the lantus and the rapid, it seems that for some reason my body has lowered the sensitivity or something.At breakfast it has always happened to me (I use almost 3 times faster for the same hydrates than in food) but at normal food and dinner with this ratio was fine, although it seems not.

Macarena93
03/14/2018 9:37 a.m.

Basal needs change a lot sometimes without explanation (also those quickly).In women, the hormonal cycle affects us a lot but there are many more things that can change basal needs.For example, I use between 10 and 12 more basal units per day the pre-regla days and sometimes in the middle of the cycle without much explanation, the needs also increase.The exercise also affects me a lot and if I do every day I need less basal.It is complicated and you have to be adjusting every 2 by 3 but if you are high between hours it is usually that you are basal, it is for whatever reason.Comment on it with the endocrine and that you give you a guideline to adjust it and try until you find whatever you do well.
And if you worked better to put the lantus in 2 times then return to the before.The lantus does not usually cover 24 hours and when putting it in 2 times you already have them covered but if you put it in a dose it may not cover it.In my case when I used Lantus, I didn't cover me the afternoon.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/14/2018 1:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

10 or 12 more basal units a day on the days of Pretregla?He understood that slow insulin must be climbed from 2 in 2 units and that he also does not make you the full effect until a few days @"Yesssica_A"

@"Macarena93" As you have told you above, I would return to two punctures from Lantus or perhaps ask who takes you the diabetes if you can try to use threeiba or toujeo

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/14/2018 9:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Ok, it seems that going up 1 of slow and 1 fast in the food has gone well (at least always below 180) my biggest problem is usually dinner and before bed because things like lunch and I think I do itBad because it ends up uncontrolled.
All I had was restricted pizza because that for me is an absolute lack of control but I had bread or rice and I think it also uncontrolled me ...
Today I thought about dinner two pieces of fruit, a fresh cheese and a thick toast with a little ligth smear cheese. Do you think that will do well and it will make me more stable at night?If I see that it arrived below 140 at night I will take a glass of milk before bedI stay with 100 a few hours, if I had the sugar without right, it gave me a safe hypo)
What do you think of dinner, do you have any other suggestion?

Macarena93
03/14/2018 11:38 p.m.

@"Nigiri" I upload it 10 when I know that is what I need after having tested.2 units those days or notice it.I have a lot of hormones.The change is not usually noticed until the second day, so I upload it, to be the minimum of high days.Because it is a burden to be correcting all the time and still not getting out of 140-150.
What I do is put the 10 units in an extra dose before bed and normal I put it in the morning.As until June I have no consultation with the endo I have done what it seemed to me.Until a few months ago I didn't need to go up so much, I don't know if it will be the cold or that.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/14/2018 11:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Macarena93", if they give you hypos at night, it is better to put the lantus in the morning or at noon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2018 12:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I put it at noon right now, that's why I change it to put it twice, because at night even if I put me few units they gave me hypos.

Macarena93
03/15/2018 12:17 a.m.

Well, Lantus's last hours are less active and will no longer give you hypos, if you lie about 140

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2018 12:18 a.m.

I will measure myself today just before sleeping, around 4 and when lifting to see if I am quite flat and I am doing well the unity more of Lantus and the new dinner.I will tell you.

Macarena93
03/15/2018 1:06 a.m.

There are many causes that can produce decompensation and not only should be alleviated with dose climbs, the emotional factor is very important for this pathology and it is influenced by external means that we do not always control but are important to take into account.My body acts in unexpected ways and it is not a matter of dose climbs, the same dose one night can produce a downturn having taken a correct amount of carbohydrates and another night in the same situation not to make me or tickle the insulin that I have put on... It is complicated but neither my endocrine explains it.When we are stressed, worried, sick or change to a different level of activity, diabetes varies.Can we control activity and food but and the emotional aspect, do you control it?I think we should think about it, we already deal with a daily battle to maintain the levels but we still miss other control possibilities.The emotional cause of diabetes is a loss of love of life, that added to a genetic factor and an external circumstance at a time of our lives leads us to debut the disease, we could have avoided but surely we were not prepared forThis at that time, the more we take awareness of everything to which we give importance or worry more we can master it and thereby favor our control.Well, it is a personal but not impossible job.Activities such as Yoga, Meditation, Reiki ... That type of therapies practiced daily even if you look like a bullshit help to be better and the body responds according to what we give it ;-)

lulu72's profile photo
lulu72
03/15/2018 11:22 a.m.

Well, it seems that going up one in the slow one, one in lunch and having a little better the thing has been balanced enough although I still do not want to sing victory.Now I have a question that I don't understand
I punctuate the slow at 11:00 a.m., Ceno at 9:00
I usually go to bed at 1 and little so before sleeping he looked at me with the free, I have 130 thought that this was the thing of the failure they can have about the capillary since I do not believe that I get so much after hours withoutInsulin but today for making sure I was silent and I was 140.
That is, between 12:00 and 1:00 in the morning, I get 50 sugar carrying the fast insulin 4 hours in my body (and at night I signed very little, it cannot be was the reason) and carryingThe slow more than 12 hours in the body.
What should be down?It is that because of this many times if I do not get up at 4 to measure myself and take a glass of milk ended with nocturnal hypos and I am not able to find the meaning.

Macarena93
03/16/2018 1:26 a.m.

You can dinner slower hydrates or put one more quickly at dinner and make a right .., the lantus is not flat at all, and it has less activity in the last hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/16/2018 1:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.