Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/28/2019 1:25 p.m.

Good I have 4 years diabetic type 1, with the freestyle sensor, the fact is that hypoglycemia, I am unnoticed, although when I detect them I correct them immediately, and sometimes as you know how this works, I have bone hyperglycemiahThat the ideal would be within the desired parameter, but sometimes it is difficult, my question would be if they had to choose, between hypo, or hyper, which would choose.
Hyperglycemia we know that they are gradually irreversible, I don't know if hypoglycemia too

thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/28/2019 1:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It would not be the same a hyper from 400 to one of 250 ....., but if I had to choose between hyper or hip, I stay with a hyper.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/28/2019 1:34 p.m.

I prefer a hiccup whenever it is not very strong.If it is like the hypos that I usually have, that I can reach 50 or 45 but going down very slowly to me much less annoying and more manageable than a hyper.With the hyper it happened very badly and I threw a few hours with a horrible thirst that no matter how drink does not happen to me.On the other hand, I almost not noticA glucose pill.
The worst times have passed it 2 that when I put on the slow one that has entered blood some insulin, a hypo of those if I do not want it, I prefer a hyper and be an entire day with thirst.Those times the glucose has dropped super fast and I was fatal, I had to eat pills and drink a lot of juice to go back and spent a few hours fatal after tracing.

So I depending on what kind of hypo we are speaking I choose one thing or the other.

As for the damage caused by each other, it depends on the duration and glucose values.Hiper is clear that they cause them.HIP as such in non -diabetics is below 55. We can already notice symptoms before but until you get out of there if it is not considered a hypo because I suppose it does not cause damage of any kind.When you go down from 55 I don't know to what extent it causes damage.Of course, hypos with loss of knowledge if they cause damage.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/28/2019 4:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

My endocrine tells me that what is also shown that it generates damage is the continuous Russian mountains and that is why the percentage of glycemic index looks at me although the name I do not know if it is correct so for it the more stable the blood glucose is the better but notbe with a manual hemoglobin.-

I do not prefer any, the hypos cause you physical and mental discomfort at the time without the risk they entail and the hyper cause you psychic discomfort, in my case, a bad milk especially those that do not have a logic that you can control,In fact, the weeks that I am super stable changes me to humor ..: |

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/28/2019 6:25 p.m.

I don't want any, but the question is between hip and hyper with which one do you stay?...

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/28/2019 8:53 p.m.

I better control the hyper .... the hypo have given me more serious problems, the hyper, one day I suppose ... but I live the day to day

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
01/28/2019 9:01 p.m.

If that was the question.
thank you

anaisabel said:
I don't want any, but the question is between hip and hyper with which one do you stay?....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2019 4:15 p.m.

I prefer for now Hipo, since I notice the symptoms and see that sometimes it has cost me to overcome them and I have had a bad time, I get confused, without strength.I had an era that I was going down gave me anxiety.But with the hyper or when I notice that it is going up mostly the days of long or fat meals, I get very distressing, thirst, tired, without wanting anything ... and as it goes slowly it makes me eternal ...

091975's profile photo
01/29/2019 9:53 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.