Mother hospitalized since Friday

mati2612's profile photo   01/28/2019 6:06 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone!Looking for information on the subject I just discovered this forum and I thought it was an excellent place to raise my doubts.
The theme is as follows: My mother dawned on Friday totally lost, urinated and unable to speak.As she took psychiatric medication we think it was some effect of medications;We took her to the emergency and moved her urgently to a health center in the capital because the glucometer threw "hi" in its measurement.From what I understood is to give a diabetic coma.
The issue is that since Friday it is hospitalized (it has been 4 days) and although speech is gradually recovering and is more aware, even blood glucose levels do not go down.They remain between 300 and 480. Today in the morning he was 330 and gave him insulin, two hours later he was controlled and instead of going down he rose to 420.
They have done all kinds of studies and analysis, obviously they do not register until they regularize their glycemia level.
I am extremely scared, did anyone live a similar experience?Does it have a solution?
Of course, I hope you can give me information.She was not taking any medication for diabetes because in the last check -up she always did well.
Thank you.
Matías

mati2612's profile photo
mati2612
01/28/2019 6:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You will have to put insulin to control the best, maybe it is enough with a slow puncture per day, for your age.You have to see evolution.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2019 8:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

First tranquility, if you are in the hospital, doctors will treat it and give it a guideline when they are discharged.
Second, you have to wait to see what really left her disoriented.
Older people have many typical complications of age and it is difficult to find the perfect combination of medicines that work for all ailments.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/30/2019 11:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.