No diabetes but with some somewhat elevated level

Nikel's profile photo   03/20/2018 11:40 a.m.

Hello everyone.

I have subscribed to your forum because I find the information that I have read here very interesting.
The truth is that I had never paid attention to diabetes, until my father died because of the complications that was progressively suffering from it, which has sensitized me on the subject.

I am currently 52 years old, and I am pulling Delgado -1.81 and 69 kg- but a athlete of a lifetime.Until not long ago I threw a lot of hydrates, - in addition I have always been very sweet - to perform sportively, but it was gradually changing my diet towards a low car type, with more abundance of vegetables, meats, fish, eggs and 'recommended' eggs and fats,and with hydrates only after more or less intense training (potatoes, sweet potatoes, some rice).That is, no sugar or wheat products and other cereals.Although sporadically I break the rules.I would say that I walk around 80-100 grams of hydrates per day.
My analytics have always gone quite well.Fasting glucose around 85-90, glycosilada of 5.4, insulin of 3.4 and homa of 0.68.This analytical was April 2017.
In December, glucose rose to 98, to which I did not give importance.
However, last week I take glucose at home and left 104, and left me surprised.Yesterday, after 16 hours of fasting, it came out in 97. Something that I consider something high.

I know that these values ​​are laughing for you, I do not doubt it.

But I am starting to be somewhat fly, and I would like to read your opinions about it.Right now I don't know what to think.

Greetings and thanks for your help.

Nikel's profile photo
Nikel
03/20/2018 11:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Nikel Make 2 or 3 glucose tests in a row to check and ensure why the current glucometers have a allowed margin of error in which for example in which you came out 104 mg/dl you measure again and you can have 84mg/dl perfectly... The only 100% reliable test is blood analysis, if in the last blood test you were around 85-90 mg/dl you don't have to worry.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/20/2018 12:06 p.m.

I did not know that they had such a wide margin of the glucometers. Although it is the one that I have always used, and previously it was always around 90. It is an accu-chek Aviva Nano.I will take more measures, to see how it responds.
However, the December analytics gave those 98 on an empty stomach.

Thank you

Nikel's profile photo
Nikel
03/20/2018 2:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.