{'en': 'Toujeo and double fast insulin?', 'es': '¿Toujeo y el doble de insulina rápida?'} Image

Toujeo and double fast insulin?

Omar25's profile photo   01/31/2019 9:18 a.m.

Hello everyone,

Have you ever happened to you that using Toujeo did you have to use more fast insulin?

For example, use almost double they used before, so it is what their solution was why sometimes as few HC and I have to put as 6 fast units, if anyone knows if you have to adjust faster or more toujeo why I have seenthat the more toujeo they use quickly.

Thank you so much!

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/31/2019 9:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There is usually a direct relationship between using slow insulin (toujeo) and fast insulin, but there is nothing written (it is not known for sure, although it is suspected).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
01/31/2019 11:20 a.m.

mamarvazq said:
There is usually a direct relationship between using slow insulin (toujeo) and fast insulin, but there is nothing written (it is not known for sure, although it is suspected).>

If Toujeo will increase, the fast insulin would use less, but would alter in the early morning?

Omar25's profile photo
Omar25
01/31/2019 11:22 a.m.

I think you have to use each insulin for what it is.The toujeo has to keep the glucose without going up or down between meals and at night, we go while you do not eat.The fast is to cover the food.If you go up Toujeo will go down at night and you will have to lie high to dawn well, which keeps you hours above normal.And also for the day if you jump meals you are at risk of hypoglycemia.
Also to do sports, a high basal is much worse because it makes more effect and increases the risk of hypoglycemia if not enough hydrate.
As disadvantages is that you have to click whenever you eat something fast but it is the way it resembles how the body works.You should not worry about the amounts of insulin if you keep the stable glucose.If you want to need less the best way to get it is with sport.
I have to get quickly for almost anything that as and quite quantity because I take into account proteins in addition to hydrates.Nothing happens because of that, insulin is used that it is necessary for that is.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/31/2019 12:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I use Toujeo since June and it was hard for me to adapt because it agreed with a mismatch.But I use the same fast as before, 2 or 3 units for food and toujeo 15uds, it did have to upload 4 units with respect to Levemir, but my pancreatic reserve is also over.
A little of everything.
I prefer to "be correct", that is, use the slow to its fair measure and the rapid that I need according to food, quantity, physical state.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/01/2019 7:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In my case I have type diabetes !!And I've been using the Toujeo two and a half years.Currently use 44 units
Sometimes I have come specific mismatches and I had to use the fast.Even so in those cases and paying attention to the endocrine, when I have been with glucose with more than 150 in the morning I have to upload 2 units of Toujeo.And in case of hypoglycemia I have to immediately lower two units of toujeo.
I am doing well, I never have to use fast insulin

Ana Reyes's profile photo
Ana Reyes
02/03/2019 10:22 a.m.

Each patient is a world, and we react in different ways to insulin or work better with each other.In my case I continue to maintain the same rapid levels since I use Toujeo.
Without hesitation who you have to make this consultation is your doctor, he/she will have given you guidelines and action measure.
All the best

Ruth's profile photo
Ruth
09/19/2019 4:45 p.m.

I got Lantus a long time, I went to Toujeo through serious inadvertent nocturnal hypos and apart from the fact that although it rose dose, at dawn that not as, that was a continuous climb until in the morning, it did have to climb the quick to doubleor more but only at breakfast with the dawn.Now with Tresiba it is quite the opposite, I have to lower the fast for breakfast.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/11/2020 1:25 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
I think you have to use each insulin for what it is.The toujeo has to keep the glucose without going up or down between meals and at night, we go while you do not eat.The fast is to cover the food.If you go up Toujeo will go down at night and you will have to lie high to dawn well, which keeps you hours above normal.And also for the day if you jump meals you are at risk of hypoglycemia.
Also to do sports, a high basal is much worse because it makes more effect and increases the risk of hypoglycemia if not enough hydrate.
As disadvantages is that you have to click whenever you eat something fast but it is the way it resembles how the body works.You should not worry about the amounts of insulin if you keep the stable glucose.If you want to need less the best way to get it is with sport.
I have to get quickly for almost anything that as and quite quantity because I take into account proteins in addition to hydrates.Nothing happens because of that, insulin is used that it is necessary for that is.

Very well explained, I use 60 of Toujeo and 10 - 15 Lispro to eat, I do not know anyone who uses so much amount of insulin

Emi1990's profile photo
Emi1990
06/19/2020 10:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.