Diagnostic doubts

Ursula's profile photo   02/17/2018 12:09 a.m.

Is it possible to have DM1 with 160 in the blood, 1000 in urine and 7.1 of glycada ???

I have a twin sister with type 1 diabetes for five years and the same thing has been diagnosed now, with 29 years and with those values ​​... I went to the doctor for gastroenteritis !!!

They have sent me antibody analysis.I have been told that even though they were negative, I have DM1, sometimes, very rarely it can happen.But I am afraid to be badly diagnosed and miserable.And if I am type 2?I have always eaten a lot and even though it is healthy, it is also that I have just moved a year.

They say that they have caught me right in time, that I put slow insulin (toujeo) at night to extend the insulin reserves of my pancreas.I put 6 unit and seeing that I was very scraped, with 65 hypoglycemia they sent me to put 5 ... the fast only if on step the 200 before eating.I am targeted all my glucose results.My sister says that I don't want to accept it, I don't know.What do you think?I know you are not doctors, but I would like to read your or people opinions with cases as well as mine.

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
02/17/2018 12:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The important thing is that you have glucose controlled and low the glycosilada.If it is type1, you will have to go up the insulin dose.They will make antibody analytics to confirm it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2018 12:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for answering, Regina.
The thing is that they have already done them, I am waiting for the results.But my endocrine says that they can leave negative but that if so, I am also type 1 by noses.

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
02/17/2018 12:24 a.m.

Yes, they can leave negative and be type1.My daughter was given negative and there was no doubt.
In the end, time will tell you. Nothing happens because you start with insulin.I think it is the best treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2018 12:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As @regina says, insulin is the best possible treatment.Do not be distressed because you are not going to notice a difference in putting more or less dose, only an improvement in your figures and adequate hemoglobin.

It is only about being constant, adapting the dose and living in the best possible way.

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
02/17/2018 1:19 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

Ains ... for the moment I am not having, I am having some peaks that fear gives me.Two hours 20 minutes after eating I put on more than 250. Let's see if I see the endocrine and give me other guidelines.

The same is my fear is being badly diagnosed, my father has been with type 2 diabetes for 23.

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
02/17/2018 1:27 a.m.

Ursula, if you get in those values ​​after eating .... I think the antibody analysis will be positive, you are likely to need fast insulin in meals, and your hem, it was high.
Let's see what guidelines gives you the endocrine.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/17/2018 10:23 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.