{'en': 'During pregnancy: apidra or metformin insulin?', 'es': 'Durante el embarazo: Insulina apidra o metformina?'} Image

During pregnancy: apidra or metformin insulin?

Zate's profile photo   02/17/2018 9:01 a.m.

Hello!!

I started with gestational diabetes three years ago, injected insulin.

After birth the child took it away but they diagnosed me type 1 diabetes of slow evolution because I had antibodies and started with metformin and controls.

Now I have become pregnant again and from the beginning they put me insulin.They have given me Apidra, how is it?

I had not tried it before.The endocrine has told me to continue taking metformin, but the gynecologist says that he leaves it because its effects are not demonstrated during pregnancy.

I honestly don't know what to do.Who to pay attention to?

My other pregnancy was complications for diabetes and I don't want to happen again ... someone with metformin and pregnancy in the room ???

Thank you!!

Zate's profile photo
Zate
02/17/2018 9:01 a.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

I don't know how to tell you, but all NFORMAN medication prospects of whether they can put themselves in pregnancy.Look at metformin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2018 3:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Here I copy a topic on metformin and type 1

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/17/2018 3:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Very movie the issue of metformin and pregnancy (an issue in which I am not going to wet).In the technical file this says:

Not controlled diabetes during pregnancy (gestational or permanent) is associated with a higher risk of congenital abnormalities and perinatal mortality.

Limited information about the use of metformin in pregnant women does not indicate a greater risk of congenital abnormalities.Animal studies do not show harmful effects on pregnancy, embryonic or fetal development, childbirth or postnatal development (see section 5.3).

When the patient plan to get pregnant and during pregnancy, it is recommended that diabetes not be treated with metformin, but with insulin to maintain blood glucose levels as close as possible to normal values ​​in order to reduce the risk of malformationsFetal.

This is what the technical chips of fast insulin and pregnancy analogues say.

Apidra:
There are no data or these are limited (data in less than 300 pregnancies) related to insulin use
Glulisin in pregnant women.
Animal reproduction studies have not revealed any difference between insulin glulisine and
human insulin with respect to pregnancy, embryo/fetal development, childbirth or postnatal development (see
Section 5.3).
Attention should be paid to prescription for pregnant women.One is fundamental
careful monitoring of blood glucose control.
In patients with pre-existing or gestational diabetes it is essential to maintain good control
Metabolic throughout pregnancy.Insulin needs could decrease during the first
quarter, and generally increase during the second and third quarter.Immediately
After delivery, insulin needs decrease rapidly.

Novorapid:
Novorapid (Asparta insulin) can be used during pregnancy.The data from two
Randomized controlled clinical trials (322 and 27 exposed pregnant women) showed no
Adverse effect of insulin asparts on pregnancy or on the health of fetuses/newborns
when compared to human insulin (see section 5.1).
It is recommended to intensify the control of blood glucose and monitoring pregnant women with
diabetes (type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes or gestational diabetes) throughout pregnancy and when
Plan it.Insulin requirements generally decrease in the first quarter
of pregnancy and subsequently increase during the second and third quarter.Normally after
From delivery, insulin requirements quickly return to pregnancy levels.

Humalog:
Data on exposure in a wide number of pregnancies do not indicate any adverse effect of
Lispro insulin during pregnancy or on the health of the fetus/newborn.
It is essential to maintain good control of patients treated with insulin (insulin -dependent diabetes
or gestational diabetes), throughout all pregnancy.Insulin requirements
They usually decrease during the first quarter and increase during the second and third
quarter.You should advise patients with diabetes to inform your doctor if they are
pregnant or plan to get pregnant.Careful glycemic control monitoring,
As well as general health, they are essential in pregnant patients with diabetes.
Diabetic patients, during the breastfeeding period, may require adjustment of the dose of
insulin, diet or both.

What I see in practice is that if the patient with previous DM2/gestational becomes pregnant taking metformin, it is told of many occasions to continue taking it (explaining the reasons).It is also true that you have a lada andNot a DM2, so it would have to be individualized and assess what weight the metformin has in your case to have good control.And I understand that if your endocrine has recommended that to you, it has done it.

In any case, it is your pregnancy, and if you feel uneasy, taking metformin and preferequal)

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/18/2018 12:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.