After eating

marinita's profile photo   02/18/2018 6:27 p.m.

Hello after eating not always but sometimes I feel very tired without energies and will tell me hours until the afternoon night.Someone happens to you?Any solution?The controls are normal, the slow one I put it in the midland I do not have something to do.

marinita's profile photo
marinita
02/18/2018 6:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you feel very tired and glucose is fine, it can be for another cause .., a complete analytical could discover it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2018 9:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As Regina says it can be anything.To discard that it is a problem with insulin, I would do controls both when eating and at two hours since sometimes the maximum peak is not two hours but before, you do not say that slow insulin you put on andThere may be a lot of difference between one and the other, for example the Lantus takes effect soon to put it on, and the Toujeo takes 4 hours to take effect.And another option you have is to change the slow morning, instead of food, to see how you react.And finally try to look for the problem out with a complete analytical.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/18/2018 10:33 p.m.

It is the toujeo that I use.Well, I are an analytical do

marinita's profile photo
marinita
02/18/2018 11:51 p.m.

Didn't it happen to Lantus?The Lantus is not going to disappear in the short term, what happens is that laboratories want people to go to Toujeo because it leaves them more benefit by being a new insulin.Anyway, before returning to Lantus, I would try to put on the toujeo in the morning instead of at noon, keep in mind that at noon it is the strongest food that is made and the toujeo takes 4 hours to begin to take effect, theInsulin that is taking effect on meals is the one you have set the day before (I imagine that you do not get fast in meals) so the effect may have dropped and it may not last for you the 24 hours they promise,Because even though they sell it to you as very flat, not all people work the same.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/19/2018 1:04 p.m.

@Runing50 If I get quickly at the meals look, I told you today when I had 117 I put 7 of rapids and 25 from Toujeo at the time I had 118 at two o'Durable that evil being and my controls are normal

marinita's profile photo
marinita
02/19/2018 10:33 p.m.

Hello @"marinita" what I see is that perhaps you lack something slow because as soon as you stop making the fast it raises the glucose a little, although it does not justify that discomfort, in any way if with the lantus you were fineAnd you did not have this problem do not hesitate and tell your endocrine to return to Lantus and take off problems.The Lantus will still be in the market for years because it must still be about to expire the patent (or has expired recently), what happens is that they were forced to advance the launch of Toujeo because Tresiba came out, but still have a guardIn the drawer, with this I want to tell you that you will still be able to use it for a while.
Of course, in the next analytics, he asks to make a more complete analysis just in case there was another problem.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/20/2018 9:26 a.m.

marinita said:
@runing50 if I get quickly at the meals mirro, I tell you today when eating I had 117me I put 7 of rapids and 25 of toujeo at the time I had 118 at two hours 143 andThe 160 hours and I felt bad as without energies and I have lasted that evil hours and my controls are normal

Is it always like that?Does glycemia always upload from the third hour of eating?
Indeed, something slow, but the type of food should also be seen, since there are foods that are very slow in the absorption of the HCs they contain and at 3h the rapid bolus still continue to be absorbed, so that glycemia risesAfter a correct postprandial because there is no almost active fast insulin left ...
What did you eat?
@"Marinita"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/20/2018 10:16 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.