{'en': 'Basal insulin (Lantus vs toujeo)', 'es': 'Insulina Basal (Lantus vs Toujeo)'} Image

Basal insulin (Lantus vs toujeo)

adriancano's profile photo   04/04/2018 12:56 p.m.

Hello,

I am 22 years old and type 1 diabetes.(4 months) At this time I have been using insulin Tresiba and Toujeo (30 units every 24 hours) I have done well with them and I control myself well ...

But I would like to try other insulins to see how such ... like Levemir, or Lantus, I know they are more "unstable" but they are also those that my medical insurance offers me, since the others buy them on my own.

Do you know in the case of using Levemir or Lantus how many units should you use approximately and every 24 or 12 hrs?

Do you have any experience using these insulins?

Thank you!: D

adriancano's profile photo
adriancano
04/04/2018 12:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Lantus gets every 24h but arrives very fair.Levemir, every 12 hours.
Try Lantus, which is usually better to put it in the morning or at noon, to avoid nocturnal hypos.
Although it can also be put at night, if it does not go down.
The dose of Lantus is usually less than that of Toujeo.Let your doctor advise you, and you will have to adjust until you wake up well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/04/2018 1:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello crack!Welcome to this world.I am learning a lot in the forum.I have been diabetic for a month and I am 24 years old.Surely we can be a great support for each other here!

I am with Novorapid before 3-4-3 meals and Toujeo 11 units at night.If social security covers me.How strange your male, I don't understand it.Where are you from?All the best

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
04/04/2018 2:31 p.m.

Hello everyone, I did not know what a thread to ask, but I think that in this basal it can go, but they correct me or move it to the corresponding site.My consultation is that glycemia lowers me until 4 in the morning, and then it is already kept up to get up, then I wanted to know if it is Lantus or fast from dinner.Thank you!

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
04/07/2018 8:47 a.m.

Holq @"sonii":
It looks like an excess of the two insulins: Lantus and fast.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/07/2018 11:46 a.m.

sonii said:
hello everyone, I didn't know what a thread to ask, but I think that in this basal it can go, if not they correct me or move it to the corresponding site.My consultation is that glycemia lowers me until 4 in the morning, and then it is already kept up to get up, then I wanted to know if it is Lantus or fast from dinner.Thanks!

Hi sonii, I have something similar to you, it is called "Dawn Syndrome" or Alba .. It is when at night or tomorrow as you sleep, you lower or up the glucose .... For example, sometimes sometimes at 4am I reached45 of glucose and alone rises to 80 in a couple of hours ...Be an error in your insulin dose.If you correct it and continue, it's normal haha

Greetings to all and thanks for answering

adriancano's profile photo
adriancano
04/07/2018 12:23 p.m.

If you get Lantus at night, it can be the Lantus.And you can go better in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/07/2018 1 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thank you @"Adriancano", @"Regina" I wear Lantus in the morning at breakfast.And I don't know what to do, but I get around 100 until 4 in the morning, then it is already maintained.Also that it is almost always until that time, it is curious.Dinner, ceno about 22:00 so there would be no longer left ??

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
04/08/2018 8:53 a.m.

You can make a right .., or lower the lantus a unit ..
The fast ends in four hours, how fast do you use?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/08/2018 9:41 p.m.

@"Regina" use novorapid.Today I have lowered a unit of Lantus to see how such, in the morning it does not vary much, but in the afternoon and night it makes me more lantus effect.

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
04/09/2018 10:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.