{'en': "Talk about children's diabetes: myths, beliefs and education", 'es': 'Charla sobre diabetes infantil: mitos, creencias y educación'} Image

Talk about children's diabetes: myths, beliefs and education

fer's profile photo   02/22/2018 1:04 p.m.

The idea they raised during their visit to Crónica is that from today's meeting the basis for creating a containment group in the city of Comodoro is generated as they assure exists in many parts of the country.

The doctor Juan Manuel González suffers from diabetes since childhood and mentions that the experience of having been part of a group radically changed his relationship with the disease.He felt accompanied, supported and learned to be more self -sufficient about his mother.

"I always tell that at thirteen I needed my mother a lot, especially to apply insulin, until I went to my first encounter for patients and saw so many boys in the same situation. They all measured themselves, they controlled andThey were injected.

Both professionals were struck that there are no diabetes or medical organizations in the city that provide training and inform patients.

"The idea is that from now on that group is formed, so it is open to the community and not only for those who suffer from the disease but also for teachers, doctors and family. Imagine that it is one of the most prevalent diseases in the world,So, it is good that everyone knows more about prevention, symptoms and care, "said Dr. Siciliani, a native of Comodoro Rivadavia, who personally offered to closely mark the first steps of the group in case of forming, as well as Juan Manuel González,who also added that during the year different national meetings for children and adults are generated.

The talk is today at 5:00 p.m. at the Training Center of the Valley Clinic, Ameghino 1185. No prior registration is required.They expect the participation of the general public and also of nutritionists, psychologists, podians and all professionals who want to join the project and be part of the professional and interdisciplinary group.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/22/2018 1:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.