I don't inject insulin

Obue Quidam's profile photo   02/23/2018 3:34 a.m.

Greetings to all.More than a month ago my father was made a blood test and in the results they indicated that he had 301 glucose.They immediately applied insulin and their glucose levels fell to the ideal values.In the region that I find the health system is very disorganized and there are thousands of people who require medical care, for this reason they separated an appointment for a month.All this time my father has shown a great willpower and has changed his habits drastically.Approximately two weeks ago, a glucometer was done and it comes out that it has 111 glucose, then two semas later went to a medical post and came out 113 and yesterday the test was done again with the glucometer and threw 109 fromglucose.In all this time he has only taken metmorphine twice a day.With all the information that I have found online I understand that insulin for a person with diabetes is vital, so I wonder if it is normal that it apparently maintains its glucose level within the normal range despite the fact that it does not apply it.I would like to help me a little to clarify my doubt.Thank you so much.

Obue Quidam's profile photo
Obue Quidam
02/23/2018 3:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, of course it is normal because their diabetes is type 2. These diabetics have a pancreas that works "regular", that is, it does not produce all the insulin that your body needs so that with the metformin pills the pancreas is stimulated to generate it togetherwith a diet that controls carbohydrates.
We do not produce insulin diabetics and we have to inject it from "out."
With these values ​​I would tell you that your father is going very well with the diet and the dose of metformin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2018 9:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Of course, it is normal for a diabetes type 2 to start well "only" with metformin, diet and exercise, regardless of whether insulin was used to control a very marked hyperglycemia.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/24/2018 6:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.