Insulin and Blood Analysis

Beatriz10's profile photo   04/09/2018 noon

Hello!Very good morning.I would like to make them a small consultation because tomorrow I have to make a blood analytical for review of everything and as is at 08:00 am and I punctuate the slow insulin lantus at 07:00 am, I have the doubt if I canClick the Lantus at the same time and go to the analytics or wait for me to bleed blood and then click.What do you think?

Greetings

Beatriz10's profile photo
Beatriz10
04/09/2018 noon
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do not think of a chip before, although there are people who take more to take effect, it took effect at half an hour.Another thing would be the toujeo, which does not start to take effect until after 3 hours.Wait for the analysis and then you click and breakfast.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/09/2018 1:30 p.m.

My daughter if she puts the Lantus at the usual time, because if she doesn't put it on, she would upload a lot.What is not put is fast, of course, until breakfast.
You can take sugar, if you are low, that will not alter other analysis values.
The Lantus, if it is well regulated, would not have to give you hypo., but you can go without putting it and looking at what values ​​you are to know what to do next time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2018 4:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

From what Leo tends to be rather high, then there would be no problem to put it on, although control could also be done before going to the analyzes and put it unless it was low, so it goes on for sure, not thatGive the hiccup when they are taking the sample.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/09/2018 5:15 p.m.

I am not a doctor, but why can't you put it on ????The analyzes will be the same and will not alter the results.Depending on what analysis nothing can be taken, for others better not to ingest food, but insulin why or administer it?I would say that it can be high or low, and ??

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
04/09/2018 8:02 p.m.

I would not put it in particular because I have always thrown on the side of security, given a given situation when you run the risk of hypoglycemia, I prefer to postpone insulin injection, among other things because Lantus is not exactly very flat andof not administering insulin, but of postponing it only 1 hour.Anyway and as I said before, since Beatriz10 has a tendency to be high, it could be put and take some sugar in case, because the analysis is sometimes delayed, especially if they are done by the SS.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
04/09/2018 8:40 p.m.

Thanks guys, in the end I put it right when leaving the analytics and as it was fast there was only a difference of 40 minutes between the time I put today and the time I usually put it on.

Beatriz10's profile photo
Beatriz10
04/10/2018 7:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.