Why low blood glucose exercising?

farstar's profile photo   02/24/2018 7:19 a.m.

It is a trap question, the obvious answer is the same as I suppose you all know it, so I will explain better:

We know that insulin is the hormone that allows your body parts (such as muscle glycogen for example) to take advantage of energy by blood glucose.That is to say that if our body has no basal insulin or any kind, blood glucose will continue in the blood for much exercise we do.Even more than going down, what it does is up.

That makes sense and I suppose we all know.

Now my question comes ...

Having insulin, why is there so much risk of hypoglycemia?

For example, if I now like 30 grams of carbohydrates, I have to click 2 units to counter.

But if I eat 30 grams of carbohydrates and shed 2 units while I am running through the park (or even walking), why does blood glucose descend so much?

That is, in the example I have put, it is 100% guaranteed hypoglycemia.I don't see meaning!

If insulin is supposed to transport the glucose of the blood wherever it is needed, why the units themselves transport more or less depending on the exercise you are doing?

My common sense tells me that being spending energy from the muscles and other parts, there is more energy demand and therefore greater need for blood glucose so that it can be transported to all these sites that need it.But if insulin is the same amount, why does the blood glucose level descend so much?Such a scientific explanation would help me a lot xD

Thank you!

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/24/2018 7:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The sensitivity of insulin tissues is not the same depending on the exercise you are doing.That would be the short answer, but under that concept, there is a mogollón of complex physiological processes.

Another note.We have the concept that the lack of insulin rises glycemia because it cannot make glucose into tissues.But there is another very important factor, and when it is missing the liver goes crazy with gluconeogenesis, releasing blood glucose.Therefore, if you are without insulin and you put 400, and you exercise, your blood glucose will remain the same or continue to rise, because although the muscles manage to extract glucose from the blood (not mediated by insulin), the liver and othersGlyconeogenic tissues will continue to do their job, which will increase even more stimulated by stress hormones (cortisol, adrenaline ...)

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/24/2018 4:41 p.m.

True, that factor also knew him.The body needs energy and if there is no insulin to transport it, because the liver thinks it needs to generate more and send it to the bloodstream.

The first paragraph solves my question :) Thank you!

farstar's profile photo
farstar
02/24/2018 4:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.