{'en': 'Repeated hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Hipoglucemias reiteradas'} Image

Repeated hypoglycemia

Álvaro Fernández Bravo's profile photo   02/25/2019 2:42 a.m.

Hello everyone, I'm new and I want to introduce myself.

My name is Álvaro and I have type 1 diabetes 24 years ago (Toujeo 75, novorapid 20 or daily).I have learned to live with diabetes, but every so often problems appear.

In recent months I have had repeated hypoglycemia, in January I had a serious accident driving and I have stopped doing it.

I seek to put together a support group where to share experiences and solutions like the ones I had in the past (in the US, where the disease was presented and in Argentina, where I live now).

If there are volunteers, it would be good to open a group, we can share experiences and resources (the free freestyle dipositive, proes and cons, for example).

Greetings and thanks for the attention.

Álvaro Fernández Bravo's profile photo
Álvaro Fernández Bravo
02/25/2019 2:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That such Alvaro, I think your guideline is very decompensated you are using in my opinion too basal and that causes you hypos during the day, each person is obviously different, but in my opinion you are using a lot of basal.What are the moments when you have hiccup?How much do you get up?

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/25/2019 4:20 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Hi Ferle, thanks for your comment.It is possible, I lowered the basal but then I go up a lot and then I must correct myself.My hypoglycemia are in the afternoon, between 5 and 7 before dinner.How about your free freestyle experience?Help you?Greetings

Álvaro Fernández Bravo
02/25/2019 4:29 p.m.

And in general how are you during the day?How much do you get up?Do you get well to meals except in the afternoon?Free I use a little over a year ago, I would tell you that if it helps me a lot when it works well, but lately a few months ago it happens to me that it does not yield 100% the 14 days well calibrated, the first week well but the 2nd already risesenough and unfortunately I cannot pay for a dexcom (in fact or free there is no in my country, I bring from Argentina) but I will turn to myomiao to calibrate free and I will see how such, but help help.Today I consider having a continuous monitor or flash, it is not a luxury.It is a necessity.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
02/25/2019 4:34 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

In general I am fine, I get up normal (today 184, yesterday I ate pasta and I had hypoglycemia at 7 pm).In Argentina, free freestyle is not achieved and the plans are not covered, last week I was denied in my health coverage (OSDE), now I will try on the other hand but I am not optimistic.I don't know what is the Dexcom, if you can edit me a little.Greetings.

Álvaro Fernández Bravo
02/25/2019 4:41 p.m.

Hi Álvaro
Welcome to the forum.
Freestyle there is a post where everything is commented.In Spain, no adult insurance is covered and the laboratory has re -lodges orders to new customers.
I use it almost 4 years ago.

What time do you get toujeo?Many units look like

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/26/2019 10:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks Ruthbia, the truth is that I am high (1.85), robust (95 kg) and with less toujeo tend to be high.Has free freestyle helped you prevent hypoglycemia?Greetings

Álvaro Fernández Bravo
02/26/2019 11:23 p.m.

More than preventing hypos (I have few but I have little diabetes), it helps me calculate insulin doses and correct if I am high.
I have learned to know my body and have better glycemic control.
Have you tried to use less toujeo and faster?The hypos you comment are for excess of slow.If you are high, it is because you use little fast for meals.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/27/2019 12:50 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Álvaro, I think the insulin units that you put on, I weight 86 kg measuring 1.82 meters and I inject an average of 40 units (18 of threeiba).
I have been with Free Style for a year and I'm happy.It helps a lot to solve hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
02/27/2019 11:29 a.m.

Thank you, I will take into account what you say, I still follow my doctor and he does not object to the amounts of Toujeo, greetings and thank you all for the comments, very useful.

Álvaro Fernández Bravo
02/27/2019 12:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.