Blood when clicking lantus

Macarena93's profile photo   02/27/2018 9:51 a.m.

Hello everyone
Today when I click on my usual Lantus dose in it, it has hurt me a lot and a large drop of blood has come out (it still hurts and it has passed as a half hour).Now I am afraid to have injected it into the muscle or something of that and that I give me an impressive downturn because it acts faster or stronger.Has it ever happened to you? Does the difference notice?
It has never happened to me but I have read people from here that has happened to the fast and has taken a hicc

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
02/27/2018 9:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If it happened to me with Toujeo.Only once in 21 years that I have been having a bad time, since I could not overcome glycemia in hours, no matter how much Coca Cola and Fanta non -stop, to whole glasses, without counting rations ...
Anyway, that blood and it hurts you does not mean that you have injected it into muscle or capillary, be pending in the next few minutes and especially do not get nervous, just be attentive.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/27/2018 10 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
to me if it happened to me with toujeo.Only once in 21 years that I have been having a bad time, since I could not overcome glycemia in hours, no matter how much Coca Cola and Fanta non -stop, to whole glasses, without counting rations ...
Anyway, that blood and it hurts you does not mean that you have injected it into muscle or capillary, be pending in the next few minutes and above all do not get nervous, just be attentive.

When did you start to notice your hiccup?I just controlled (an hour will have spent since I injected it) to check and everything remains equally for the moment.

Macarena93
02/27/2018 10:14 a.m.

@Macarena93 make more glycemic controls in the first hours just in case.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/27/2018 10:23 a.m.

Just half an hour to put the insulin in Freestyle in 60 ⬇️ (pass from 180 to 60 in a few minutes ...)
Be a little pending but if everything is still well an hour later, I think you have injected well and nothing will happen, but do some other control to see how you are going

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/27/2018 10:28 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

At the moment everything is the same but I will continue to check up to two hours in case.
Is it true that it is more normal for that to happen with long needles?Because I usually use 8mm but I have a 6mm box at home and if it is safer with 6 I will change even for the lantus since I formerly punctured it in twice and now I punctu it in one and it is a lot of amount torisk that I entered vein.

Macarena93
02/27/2018 10:42 a.m.

It has happened to me 2 times and both has bleed me.Whether you are injected into a capillary and if it is in muscle you can give you a downturn.Anyway, not as long as bleeding gives downturn, most of the time nothing happens but it is important to be attentive because the downturn is very fat.I do not remember having dasses as fat as the two of clicking on a capillary.
If you are looking for this online, "Lantus Low" is called and to try to avoid it, it is recommended to put the slow one at the top of the buttock that is where there is usually more fat.Never put it in areas with very little fat to avoid reaching the muscle.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/27/2018 11 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
It has happened to me 2 times and both has bleed me.Whether you are injected into a capillary and if it is in muscle you can give you a downturn.Anyway, not as long as bleeding gives downturn, most of the time nothing happens but it is important to be attentive because the downturn is very fat.I do not remember having dasses as fat as the two of clicking on a capillary.
If you are looking for this online, "Lantus Low" is called and to try to avoid it, it is recommended to put the slow one at the top of the buttock that is where there is usually more fat.Never put it in areas with very little fat to avoid reaching the muscle.

I put it in the upper part of the buttock yes, but today I woke up more empanada than normal and for laziness I have punctured in the thigh but it gives me that never again, to avoid scares and bruises.

Macarena93
02/27/2018 11:03 a.m.

More than two hours have passed since I have put it on it and there has been no decline or abrupt or minimal so I suppose I have been lucky.Of course, Moratón is already coming out and my thigh hurts to rage so I will not go through my mind the idea of ​​clicking there never haha
Thank you all for the tips, you have reassured me a lot

Macarena93
02/27/2018 11:33 a.m.

Blood comes out does not mean that hiccups come later.It happened to me many times and everything followed its course.Unless you have little fat, it is difficult to inject into the muscle, but to avoid it, incline the needle, do not put it at 90 degrees.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/27/2018 12:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.