{'en': 'They create in Huelva an artificial pancreas for diabetics', 'es': 'Crean en Huelva un páncreas artificial para diabéticos'} Image

They create in Huelva an artificial pancreas for diabetics

fer's profile photo   03/01/2018 11:55 a.m.

Antonio, the inventor of this artificial pancreas, was diagnosed with diabetes ten years ago.Its pancreas does not produce insulin.Since then, a pump allowed his body to obtain it continuously.

He learned to live with it, but this 33 -year -old girl, a telecommunications engineer and profession of profession, has gone further.Through a diabetes forum he found a free computer system a year ago that served to create his own artificial pancreas.

A small computer reads the glucose data provided by a sensor that carries in your arm and gives orders to your insulin pump.

This Huelva young man works for one of Silicon Valley's most important companies, based in California.For him, this whole system can be the beginning of an invention that helps millions of people.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/01/2018 11:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I hope, but a very reliable sensor is needed

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2018 3:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

God wish it became reliable and give us a solution of those characteristics I have 34 years with 23 years and the truth is that I no longer know where to do what the sugar does go to its ball.

Cleo's profile photo
Cleo
03/02/2018 8:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.