Dexcom G6 and Spike

coolboy1973's profile photo   03/06/2019 3:08 p.m.

Hello good,

I will spend in the next few days of a freestyle to a Dexcom G6 and for what I have read, the best solution, in terms of software to use, especially if you want to prolong the life of the sensors and the transmitter, it is spike.

Can anyone guide me in the start process?That is, when I get and will put it on me, as active directly with spike and after days how do I prolong the sensor?Or do it alone?The transmitter I have seen that it is an option.

I have sailed a lot, but I can't find the typical Howto explaining things step by step, or videos on YouTube about it.

Thanks in advance

coolboy1973's profile photo
coolboy1973
03/06/2019 3:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To restart Dexcom sensors, you can do it with unofficial software (Spike, XDRIP) or with the officer (app or receiver).
Link Here you have information, although I think it is not updated.
Personally, unless for certain reasons you need third apps (that there are), my experience tells me that the Dexcom algorithm (app or receiver), for me (I insist on this, how I have always said, it is my opinion), it goes infinitelybetter.With the latest versions that you can use the native mode (if you meet certain hardware requirements), it does it "halfway" (the trends - the arrows - sometimes go to their ball, and if you use them ....).Come on, today, I keep the Dexcom software if you are looking for reliability, to see if they polish the native mode and are able to also read the trends of the Dexcom algorithm, which is what it would lack (the XDRIP algorithm directly discarded it, to my liking, quite bad, but everyone knows and knows their values)

Greetings and luck

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/06/2019 9:58 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

With Spike you don't have to restart sensor.I advise you to use the official app with it if you have to restart but it has absolutely no complication to do it.You see what app you use and how you do and we are indicating.
If not, you clarify when you have a private one and we talk on the phone.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/06/2019 11:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for your answers.

The issue of using Spike is for several reasons.The first is not having the data in a proprietary app, today we are with Dexcom and tomorrow.The second is the versatility that I think Spike has to extend the sensor and transmitter in a much simpler way, I think so.The third is, looking a little in the future, the theme of artificial pancreas and as Spike is getting more and more on that path, I also say it from my ignorance.

On what you say, Pabloj2000, I thought I read in another post/blog that you can tell Spike that you want to use Dexcom's algorithm, but I don't know either.Anyway, I don't even know what are those algorithms, trend?, Anticipate hypos/hypers?Do they have to do with Loop/Open algorithms that also manages Spike?
I would need help on this topic, as you can see.

The only thing that I do not like of Spike, without trying it yet, is that it does not take into account, yet the star characteristic of the G6, the no need to calibrate.Keep asking her.I hope that in the next review it is no longer necessary.

When I receive it, I'll see.

Thank you for your help and especially for that offer Jorge, by the way I liked your talk in Ded.

Greetings,
José

coolboy1973's profile photo
coolboy1973
03/07/2019 1:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.