Doubt about continuous meters and their way of measuring

farstar's profile photo   03/02/2018 3:12 p.m.

I'm sorry if you have wondered before xD

I just read that they work reading the glucose of the interstitial liquid and not the blood, the measures have been late for 15 minutes, is that true?

That is, if you are lowering your glucose very fast, it is possible that in blood you already have less than 70 while sensors like free still say 120?

If so ... what utility is something that goes 15 minutes late?:/

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/02/2018 3:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Glucose first passes to the blood and then to the interstitial fluid, with a few minutes late.In moments of rapid descent or rise in glycemia, the differences between the sensor and capillary glucose can be large, if, I doubt that there is a difference like the one you comment.In periods of stability, capillary and sensor must be in very similar values, at most 20% difference between them (which means being in the same glucemic range).This is so for all continuous measurement systems, which actually measure in interstitial fluid and allow you in most cases to advance hyperglycemia or hyperglycemia and know how your glucose behaves in certain situations and with certain foods, adjusting a lotBetter your treatment.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/02/2018 3:19 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"Farstar", for me, the wonderful thing about continuous measurement (Dexcom and Enlite) are the alarms.Your programs The meter to let you know, in my case 60 and 200, then you make a capillary and make correction.Trend arrows are also very interesting, you know if at that time blood glucose is stable, rising or going down, it also tells you at what speed.All this is more important than any number.If you can make an economic effort I recommend it.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/02/2018 8:34 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

But free with the other device that one also puts on it does not do that?And the trends ... even if you don't do it free, you can do it your measuring it every few minutes

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/02/2018 8:56 p.m.

It has nothing to do with you the measurements that with mg, I have the freestyle for my son and thanks to him we avoid hypoglycemia and we anticipate before he has hyperglycemia.In 5 minutes you can have a sudden change of glucose and you will not measure 50 times per day, with the mg if you can

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
03/02/2018 9:34 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

But the free you have another device that now does not know what is called, that you buy it separately and it makes you continuous meter with alarms and others

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/02/2018 9:36 p.m.

You mean blucon.If you use it, you turn the freestyle into a continuous meter, but keep in mind that you will skip Abott's interpretation algorithm, which from my point of view is not a good idea ... there are people who speak very well of it, butI have it without use in a drawer, as soon as I saw that I used a different algorithm.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/02/2018 10:52 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Nor will it be so serious?In the end, what I suppose is to try to calculate blood glucose taking into account the last measurements and other statistics.I guess Blucon and Abott will be similar, 10 above, 10 below

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/02/2018 11:58 p.m.

There each one with what he uses to control his blood glucose.If you think it's not so serious to skip Abott's algorithm, go ahead with blucon.Many people use it and speak very well of him, you can read it in this forum.In my specific case, I prefer to use the official and approved systems conveniently for this use, of course, Freestyle and its freeing app, or Dexcom or Medtronic, with their respective official apps.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/03/2018 12:25 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Just out of curiosity, why do you think Abott's Algorithm is better?Maybe it turns out that Blucon is better!Since I suppose you have no arguments ... do not consider that maybe your decision is the least successful?

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/03/2018 2:36 a.m.

My decision is my decision, and I do not intend to convince anyone of it, so I do not have to give any allegation of good and bad reasons to trust or not in the measures of the freestyle or blucon.I am not inspired by a device such as Blucon (not a doctor) that moves away from an algorithm of a product like freestyle (doctor) precisely approved for glycemia control.This is a Individual decision , after having tried the bluon, so that some argument to speak if I have (in my case with Blucon always lower measures of reality and much less coherent).You are wrong, therefore ...

Precisely, like this I tell you it is an individual decision I will not speak badly about blucon.In life in general because a person does not like one thing does not mean that it is worse or has to speak pests or evil of it.In this forum there are delighted people with the Linkblucon system or with XDRIP because they work well and can be controlled perfectly.

You should be more respectful of your way of speaking (the phrase of " since I suppose you have no argumentTry to help you understand something you have asked.For my part, last time we talked in this forum.

Greetings,

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/03/2018 11:34 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

I have been totally respectful, that you have no arguments I mean that you have no data to decide if one or the other is better, there is no reason to take it to the personal

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/03/2018 noon

@"Farstar", of course that everything we write here is a "personal opinion" and everyone has their arguments.And yes, you have been inconsiderate with the partner.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/03/2018 5:25 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

No, I have not been disrespectful or inconsiderate, that maybe what I said has not been reflected through some letters without intonation, I don't doubt that anymore.

But what I said has been:

"Since I suppose you have no data on algorithms or efficiency percentages ... do not consider that maybe your decision is the least successful and perhaps using the blucon would be a point in favor?"

so does it sound better?It is that my mother, it is not necessary to give 20 laps to a phrase.I don't know why people are offended so easily milk.

argument
Of lat.Argumentum.

1. m.Reasoning to prove or demonstrate a proposition, or to convince what is affirmed or refused.

I referred to that.That you do not have information to test a theory in favor or a theory against.I have not said that I could not give their opinion even less than mine

farstar's profile photo
farstar
03/03/2018 5:39 p.m.

Hi @Farstar.I use freestyle and bluon.It is true that the Blucon algorithm is not the same as that of the freestyle, but it is also true that it can be calibrated with hair glycemia.
My personal experience is that, indeed, Freestyle's algorithm is better than that of the blucon, Peeero, that does not mean that he cannot get a spectacular game at a more than reasonable price.With the blucon, both high and low glucose alarms can be placed, and also a prediction alarm, that is, if you want it warns you 40 minutes in advance if you are going to have a hypoglycemia, that is what I see the mostuseful.
You also have to know, that as in all this type meters, in stability there are no major differences (to me now the free me marks me 103 and Blucon 100).Of course, in a case of 250, there is much more difference, but that happens with everyone with respect to the capillary.In any case, of course it is a matter of tastes, money or priorities, the same if I could pay for a Dexcom I was already asking for the new G6 :))

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/05/2018 11:06 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Indeed @"erpla" in stable glycems, all continuous or flash meters are perfect with respect to the capillary, be it freestyle, blucon, guardian Connect or Dexcom, taking into account that with the capillary glucometer in 2 consecutive glycems they have given me differences ofUp to 25-30 mg/dl, because that, that each take their own conclusions.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2018 12:31 p.m.

I have not yet used the blucon so I speak from ignorance, but even if you use the blucon you can always measure with the free from doubt or when you feel like it, right?And if the blucon gives you an alert, to be sure you can measure with the free or in blood.It is not exclusive to use an algorithm or another, you have both and then you trust you from you.Of course, something will always be something than you give you an alert even though you are wrong and make you waste time looking at you with the free or blood, than have nothing.
And the XDrip says it is going very well, much better than the Blucon app.It is also free code, if you understand some programming you can know exactly what the algorithm consists of, even modifying it.Abbott's, you don't know what he does (although in my case I do very well and nail the glycemia with the capillary in moments of stability, I think they have a good algorithm).
I have asked the blucon and as soon as I arrive I will try it with XDRIP and when I take a time I will take a look at the code to see what it does exactly.That it is not official of a brand does not mean that it is worse, there is a free code that gives a thousand laps to other commercials.There are very good programmers making free code.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/05/2018 7:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Yesssica_a" is correct, having the blucon on the sensor does not prevent you from passing the reader when you think it is necessary, it works the same as always.I have the blucon especially for the night alarms but I continue to pass the LibreLink especially to compare results between LibreLink and XDRIP and in this last sensor the last Glimp update that the developers have passed me.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/05/2018 9:15 p.m.

It is true that today, manufacturers algorithms are yours.For example, in the case of Dexcom we have the XDrip app (now there is another new app), and personally, when I have used it I do not like it, compared to that of Dexcom, there are people who say they are doing well because it is evenfaster than the officer (it detects previously up and down) but for me it is super-survey and precisely I do not like that ... the official algorithm is supersuave, stable, and predictive (it avoids you to mark unnecessary increases or declines).What is safe xDrip?For me it is ... but I insist, I do not like it, although occasionally I use it (with the G5 connected directly to the clock without mobile).Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/06/2018 11:34 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.