Polycystic ovaries and type 1 diabetes

Regina's profile photo   03/09/2019 4:15 p.m.

My daughter has been diagnosed for some time and with the pill as a treatment.The endocrine that did the first tests, suspected more than one adrenal cause than ovarian, and clinical tests confirm it, although genetic ones are negative
If it is for adrenal problem, the treatment would be with corticosteroids, although the gynecologist prefers contraceptives.
It is usually related to type2 diabetes, but I do not know if the insulin of type1 also influences or will be a genetic problem without relation to insulin.
I do not know if you have any treatment that has gone well for this topic, in case you can clarify the diagnosis, which is not very clear .. thanks for the help.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2019 4:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It includes insulin resistance and inositol helps.Tell the gynecologist because the same taking supplements improves.It is that the pill does not solve the problem, it only camouflages it.You have regular cycles but they are "false" cycles, the problem is still there.Look for Sergio Espinar, he is a nutritionist specializing in women and recommends inositol a lot.It is not a medicine, it is a vitamin.The gynecologist recommended some vitamin envelopes that carry inositol and I have noticed that I need less insulin.I really do not have a diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome but if I have high androgenic hormone that occurs in the adrenal gland.My cycles are regular, so it is not clear about the SOP.I do not know, the same inositol does not solve the problem but help the same if and it has no side effects so nothing is lost to try.There are many girls who improve.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/09/2019 5:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks @yessica_a ,., I already commented.
That adrenal hormone also goes out to her.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/09/2019 6:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.