Desire to go to the bathroom but normal glycemia

Ale17's profile photo   03/04/2018 5:18 p.m.

Good afternoon,
I write here to ask about a problem that has afflicted me during the last week:
A week ago and I began to notice that I was going to the bathroom (to urinate) too often and when commenting with my mother, it told me that it could be a symptom of diabetes, so it made me measure my glucose (she has diabetes and,,Therefore, he has a glycometer at home).
The first day I was in 170 on an empty stomach, so I began to reduce daily carbohydrates and started walking 30 minutes and making short sessions of moderate exercise.Two days later, blood glucose rose to 215, but after that it descended and stabilized between 98 and 107 (all fasting, other measurements throughout the day have not exceeded 113 mg/dl, even after eating high foodsIn sugar or carbohydrates), however, the desire to go to the bathroom is still there every hour and even wake me up at dawn.
I am 20 years old and in these months I have been on vacation, so I have not gone much abroad and had stopped doing physical activity, but now that I have resumed a more regular life my blood glucose has stabilized.
Is it possible that the current desire is a consequence of having become accustomed to going to the bathroom often or should I start worrying about something more serious?

I add details: I have not drunk water or consumed diuretic foods, I do not take medications or have any medical treatment, the desire are also not urgent and urine on each visit to the bathroom is not high or low quantity.

Ale17's profile photo
Ale17
03/04/2018 5:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

170 On an empty stomach, should you make you see for a doctor, your mother has type 1 or type 2?

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
03/04/2018 5:20 p.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

Franco0399 said:
170 on an empty stomach is very much, you should make you see for a doctor, your mother has type 1 or type 2?

Type 2, although now that I resumed the daily activity, the levels have dropped to around 100.
What really worries me are the desire to go to the bathroom, since with a more or less regulated diet and physical activity, blood glucose has remained stable and in acceptable ranges.

Ale17's profile photo
Ale17
03/04/2018 5:21 p.m.

The truth is that these high numbers are to take them into account, you should consult a doctor to see what are these high peaks.

Franco0399
03/04/2018 5:25 p.m.

And returning to my question, is it normal that after a hyperglycemic period frequent urination remains for a while?

Ale17's profile photo
Ale17
03/04/2018 5:27 p.m.

You are talking about blood glycemia, but have you measured in your urine?Anyway, if you have already had 170 even once, you have to put yourself in the hands of an endocrine, you can also find a serious problem of acetoacidosis, I would not do any exercise until you visit an endocrine.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
03/04/2018 5:28 p.m.

@"Ale17" I started with frequent urination before entering ketoacidosis, when I started the treatment with insulin, everything was normalized.It makes me strange that now having normal values ​​you continue with that.Do you take water to lots or normal?

Franco0399
03/04/2018 5:37 p.m.

Franco0399 said:
@"ale17" I started with frequent urination before entering ketoacidosis, when I started the treatment with insulin, everything was normalized.It makes me strange that now having normal values ​​you continue with that.Do you take water to lots or normal?

Normal, maybe about 5 glasses a day.
I also add that although the desire is many, the amount of urine is less than what normally urine.

Ale17's profile photo
Ale17
03/04/2018 5:48 p.m.

I agree that you should go to the doctor.

I do not know if you are a boy or girl, but the feeling of being eager to urinate should not be attributable to diabetes if you are now at 90. If you are a girl, it could be a cystitis, which gives that feeling of "urgency" urgentDo not urinate a lot, and every time it happens to you.If you are a boy, it could be that by having been high a few days and with glucosuria you have had a balanitis (in fact many cases of diabetes are diagnosed soon for that).

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
03/04/2018 6:26 p.m.

For monitoring the subject:
I finally went to the doctor and sent me to do exams of everything (HIV, hemogram, urine, glycosilada, other STDs, TSH, etc.) and everything was in order, there was no glucose in urine and glycosylated hemoglobin was in 5.1, sothat finally I was diagnosed with an anxiety and sent me to follow up in case with an ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis, but making sure that at physical level everything is in perfect order.

Ale17's profile photo
Ale17
03/10/2018 12:46 a.m.

And what told you the doctor of the 170 and 215?They are very high values ​​to go unnoticed and do not mention anything.My son had 126, and for 8 months it went very well until they began to raise their glycemia measurements, and as we mediated every day in a fast and at other times and sometimes with the strips in urines we saw how they began to upload theirValues, and all this made not enter with ketoacidosis or that this internship.
Also glycosilada had given him well, they asked you for peptide C?
I tell you all this so that you are attentive .... If type 1 there will be nothing to do before or then it will appear if it is type 2, changing and improving the feeding plus exercise you will have acceptable values!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/10/2018 3:38 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.