{'en': 'Insulin resistance by Low Carbon diet too restrictive?', 'es': '¿Resistencia a la insulina por dieta low carb demasiado restrictiva?'} Image

Insulin resistance by Low Carbon diet too restrictive?

Isaserana's profile photo   03/18/2019 6:37 p.m.

Hello everyone.

I have been with a low chue in Ch in which I have discovered an improvement in all aspects of my life but for three weeks I have noticed a certain insulin resistance that has made me upload basal and ratios.

If it is true that I may have less time to focus on my diet and right now as less CH than at the beginning and more good fats.It may not want to divert me to a diet in which fats predominate, moderate in proteins and low in ch.

Could that be the reason for my sudden resistance?Because in the subject I do not really do but before either.

I have to control a lot because at the minimum I upload the postpandrial sugar above 140 and I have to correct with insulin dose and at night I wake up because the app that I use (spike) warns me if I go up from those quantities and I put on adose.

And when the rule is coming to me it is more resistance but that happened to me before.

How can I solve it?

Isaserana's profile photo
Isaserana
03/18/2019 6:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very low hydrates diets (normally ketogeics, if they are something higher, do not usually happen), produce some insulin resistance although it is not permanent or harmful.It is normal, it has nothing to do with insulin resistance that is produced by bad habits or metabolic syndrome.As soon as you upload the amount of HC a few days everything returns to normal.Anyway observe whether it can be for something else: disease, hormones, etc.But well if you see that it is nothing of that to upload somewhat hydrates a few days returns to normal.Sometimes it is a good cyclar idea, making more strict periods and others less.I is what I usually do.The weeks that I am with more resistance for hormones under hydrates and those that I am most sensitive I upload the HC a little.Always choosing slow hydrates, legumes or some fruits instead of the rapids so as not to harm the glucose.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/18/2019 8:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks Yesssica_a,

Very low hydrates diets (normally ketogenics, if they are something higher it does not usually happen), they produce some insulin resistance although it is not permanent or harmful.It is normal, it has nothing to do with insulin resistance that is produced by bad habits or metabolic syndrome.As soon as you upload the amount of HC a few days everything returns to normal.Anyway observe whether it can be for something else: disease, hormones, etc.But well if you see that it is nothing of that to upload somewhat hydrates a few days returns to normal.Sometimes it is a good cyclar idea, making more strict periods and others less.I is what I usually do.The weeks that I am with more resistance for hormones under hydrates and those that I am most sensitive I upload the HC a little.Always choosing slow hydrates, legumes or some fruits instead of the rapids so as not to harm the glucose.

I will upload the hydrates as you say and be cycling because beyond the hormones that I always have to climb right now I take that season of climbing insulin so as not to go to Hiper.If there are times that I don't have time to focus on me but I will strive.
Thank you so much!!

Isaserana's profile photo
Isaserana
03/18/2019 8:46 p.m.

I also notice this phenomenon after a strict era.What amount of HC do you return to recover normal insulin resistance?

Luis Escalante Ruiz's profile photo
Luis Escalante Ruiz
03/20/2019 1:40 p.m.

Normally resistance occurs when you are in ketosis for a while.That is less than 50gr of HC per day, except in some people.When ketosis salts you return to normal.There are weeks that I am in about 50gr or less of HC and others in about 70gr.Someday more if I have any food or celebration.In theory with these values, it should not be in cectosis continuously, just like a few days but not enough to notice resistance.In my case there is more resistance week and others but for hormones, these changes are very common in women.
With a few days in quantities greater than 50gr you should return to normality theoretically.Then it is already known that each body can work something different.And there are more things that affect the residence to insulin that sometimes we are not aware: hormones, nerves, stress, diseases ...

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/20/2019 11:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.