Type 1 diabetics and my doctor has removed the apride and volume metformin

MariaGS's profile photo   04/12/2018 11:27 a.m.

Good morning, I tell you a little from the beginning.
I have been with type 1 8 years and now I am 30 years old.From the beginning I got Lantus and aroused at each meal.A few months ago I went to the doctor because I want to get pregnant and I changed Lantus for Toujeo and I sent me metformin after each meal since it seems that it helps for pregnancy and the truth that very well, I noticed that I was better.
A week ago I returned to the doctor again and told me that the ideal would be to leave the fast insulin (apride) and just click on toujeo and after each meter the metformin and a little healthy food and go out a little to walk after a while of having eatenAnd all that.I stayed a little crowded.He told me to try a meal to see how.Well, I have been a week and my sugar levels after eating are perfect.There have only been twice that I have uploaded a little and I put units of fast.
This is possible?A type 1 diabetic without fast insulin?Can there be problems?I am on one side happy and on the other with many doubts.Answer for FA.
Thank you so much

MariaGS's profile photo
MariaGS
04/12/2018 11:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, if the values ​​are fine and glycosilada too, you can do it.
You will have greatly reduced hydrates.
Look at an hour after eating to see if there are no peaks.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/12/2018 12:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.