New in type 1 diabetes

Palomilla's profile photo   04/21/2018 6:45 p.m.

Good afternoon:

I wanted to introduce myself in the forum and greet you all.
I am 49 years old and I just debuted in type 1 diabetes. I did the discovery 12 days ago when I had to go to emergency because of how bad I was.It had 454 glucose.
I had been feeling very tired about two months, although I mentally justified all what I felt for the accumulation of work: if I have a lot of work, I am more tired, if I have a lot, it is normal for you to be thirsty and, obviously, if I drink so much water, I do not stop urinating.
What already alarmed me was the day I woke up and did not see from afar, all blurred and with great dizziness.From that moment, everything got worse and I went to the doctor.And Tachán, Tachán, Surprise: Welcome to the world of diabetes!I have no family history and the doctor has told me that he has touched me, simply.

Toujeo sent me and I put 8 units in the morning.

As you can imagine, I am full of doubts.I have been reading a lot on the subject, but I can't find an answer to this question: if I inject 8 toujeo units, how many HC can I take all day?The endocrine has told me that I must take HC in all meals, in small quantities, but right now I am obsessed with whether it happened or not, hence I would prefer to know how many grams I can ingest and, thus, already divided into the4-5 meals of the day.

Since I am with insulin I feel a lot better, although now I see badly and I have to manage with pharmacy glasses.The oculist has told me that the background is fine and that over time I will pass the view.And no, it is not presounded, despite my age ... :-))

I am also looking forward to me fast insulin to be able to be able to be able to be able to be able to be able to be able to do it in a year or two.Do I really have to wait so long?

Thanks advanced and good weekend.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
04/21/2018 6:45 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Hello:
The average amount of calories that a woman of more than 18 should take is 2000 kcal.
The average amount of grams in the form of carbohydrates, is 55% of the calories consumed.
Taking into account that 1 gram of HC are 4 kcal. The accounts result in 275 grams every 24 hours.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/21/2018 7:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The eyes is normal, but if you are type1 and you are not on honeymoon, the rapid insulin to eat normal, they would have to prescribe right now.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/21/2018 8:48 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Change endocrine!Two years ?? !!
Not two months.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/21/2018 10:33 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

It all depends on the values ​​you have after meals.They will have given you strips and glucometer.If you start having high values ​​after eating, you will have to start with fast. But you are still putting very little insulin, so you will be on honeymoon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/21/2018 11:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of course, as @regina should measure before eating and two hours after eating to see the levels and depending on these the endocrine will prescribe quick insulin.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/23/2018 2:55 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Good afternoon:

Thank you very much for your answers.
Today I had an appointment with the endocrine, to tell the truth, with two, one private (second visit) and another of the Social Security (first visit).
I asked for an appointment with the private doctor because I got hour before with the endocrine of the S. S. it was, therefore, the private endocrine that first saw the blood and urine analysis and the one that tougly prescribed me (7 U.I in the morning).It was also the one who sent me the analysis of biochemistry and immunology.

So today the private endocrine has told me to continue as I am and to write down what as well as together with the glucose levels to see that it causes me more peaks and has prescribed Humalog for exceptional situations.
The endocrine of the S. S. has seen all the analyzes (to each one I have taken the analyzes they were sending me), he has told me to raise the basal to 10 U.I, that he also scores what he has and has prescribed me a noirpid for thesame special situations.

What has become clear to me of the two is that I must learn to eat the HC well, because I was so obsessed with happening to me that I barely took hydrates and was happening a haaaaaaare that I don't even tell you.

The two have told me that I am not yet on the honeymoon and that is why it is important to write down what, because there are times that before eating I have 92 and at two hours 204 and so I can learn that it affects me more theIndicesAlso to take into account the exercise I do and how, because there are times to 69.

And now we have remained that a nutritional educator of the S. S. will give me time to teach me well to count the rations for when I use the rapid.

It is clear that I will buy novorapid since it is the recipe of the S. S. and that I will upload the basal to 10 U.I., to see if so it does not go up so much after the meals

Little by little I will learn.

Thanks again.

Palomilla
04/23/2018 6:21 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

The levels of after eating are always regulated with the rapid (novorapid), that will show you whoever gives you the diabetological edition.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/24/2018 10:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thanks for the info, Nigiri.When I think I find out, Zasca.I walk a little to Pierre Nodoyuna ;-) How good that course will come to me ...

Palomilla
04/24/2018 11:54 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

How are you going Palomilla?Did they finally give you the dibaetological education classes?I have seen in another thread that they take you in pontones, I have done some course there and nurses are very nice.Greetings and I hope you are gradually accustomed to diabetes.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/13/2018 4:17 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi, Nigiri:
Thanks for asking.:-)
The health center that corresponds to me is that of Pontones and that is where they give me "the material".
The endocrine is at the Jiménez Díaz Foundation and the courses give them there (in Isaac Peral and in Quintana).
At the moment I have only had two very short and I have stayed with ten thousand doubts to solve, but as I have a lifetime to learn, because little by little.
In addition, this forum is helping me a lot.^:)^

Palomilla
06/13/2018 4:30 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.