Omnipod or t Slim x2 ???

ximena2's profile photo   04/06/2019 2:53 a.m.

My endocrine suggests using an insulin bomb, my question is which recommends me from those two?I am new in this disease, I have already cried a lot because it is costing me a lot of work to learn.It is a nightmare for me every time I am going to eat, because I am terror of insulin.

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/06/2019 2:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sorry, it happened to me to tell you that I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, I am 46 years old, I have always been thin and exercised, that's why I'm so depressed, because I don't understand that I did badly.Although the doctor says he is genetic, my dad and is diabetic.

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/06/2019 2:56 a.m.

The Omnipod bomb is not financed by the S.S., as well as the T Slim X2, which is only funded in some CC.AA. (I do not know which one).
I would recommend the Medtronic insulin bombs.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/06/2019 10:48 a.m.

Mamarvazq said:
The Omnipod bomb is not financed by the S.S., as well as the T Slim X2, which is only financed in some CC.AA. (I don't know which one).
I would recommend the Medtronic insulin bombs.

Medtronic's is also out of many competitions in the CCAA.
First we should know if this person is from Spain that if he asks that I smell that it is not.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/09/2019 1:14 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for the information, @jconegar.
@ximena2, are you from Spain?

mamarvazq
04/09/2019 1:39 p.m.

Thanks for asking, I live is USA and I am from Mexico.And well my question is because my endocrine gave me the option and I see that this forum has a lot of information, I have learned more with you than with my dietitian.
I see that most know a lot about the bombs and I would like to know if they know about these two.

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/10/2019 6:36 p.m.

I do not know how the issue of insulin bombs in the USA for foreign people (politics) works, but try to pull the thread of your medical insurance.
I can tell you that these insulin pumps cost around 6000 (six thousand) American dollars and about 300 (three hundred) dollars each month (supplies).
The omnipod is a patch pump (without tube) and the T Slim x2 is a pump with update tube and firmware.Neither is connected (for the moment and without "additions") to continuous glucose meters.

mamarvazq
04/10/2019 9:27 p.m.

Many for your comment.In fact, I think the two work with Dexcom G6.And if I recognize that they are a bit expensive, let's hope that my co-pay is not so high.I just would like to tell me if one is better than the other and why.

ximena2's profile photo
ximena2
04/10/2019 11:01 p.m.

Ximena2, they will not be able to tell you much because those bombs are not supplied here by public health.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/10/2019 11:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

ximena2 said:
many for your comment.In fact, I think the two work with Dexcom G6.And if I recognize that they are a bit expensive, let's hope that my co-pay is not so high.I just would like to tell me if one is better than the other and why.

Hello, I am also new in the forum.I have a 6 -year -old son who debuted in DT1 with 4. He started with Medtronic and Freestyle and 6 months later he passed Medtronic with a semi -in -law guardian (we live in France and is covered by the SS. The technical names I know them in French for thatSome will sound somewhat rare, I hope it is understood).
Since April we returned to Freestyle 2 and we are happy, despite errors it is much more comfortable for him.
Since July we go to the Omnipod (covered by the SS) and we are delighted.It is not seen because it carries it on the leg, we control it at a distance, it can bathe with it, it is very simple to change, it stigmatizes much less ... in Europe the connection between Dexcom and Omnipod is not yet approved, but since itApprove we will try it without a doubt, because I think it is a system that is very very comfortable, at least for a small child.
Courage and do not despair.

PedroW's profile photo
PedroW
12/24/2022 1:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.