{'en': 'Insulin electronic recipe, how often time to collect in the pharmacy?', 'es': 'Receta electrónica insulina, ¿cada cuanto tiempo para recoger en la farmacia?'} Image

Insulin electronic recipe, how often time to collect in the pharmacy?

Kade's profile photo   03/08/2018 11:11 a.m.

I wanted to make a consultation, to see what you think, and what is your experience about it.

Last week I went to the pharmacy to buy Insulina Humalog, because I had already started the last ball of the box, which is when I usually buy it.My surprise came when the pharmacist told me that I did not have it available to buy yet, and that I had it prescribed every 84 days.I lacked many days to buy it, so I went to the health center, and for not making an appointment, I requested at the reception that they told my doctor that if I could enable me the purchase of insulin.

After 2 attempts in the pharmacy to try to buy it, I had to return to the health center and tell them again to be enabled, but this time they told me that I had to make an appointment with the doctor because I needed to know some data to be able to enable me.

Total, that the next day I went to the appointment with the GP, and asked me that as many units I made up to date to calculate every time I could have it available.

I told her that I would like to have it available in the pharmacy when I need it, because I may spoil a bowl, or that I go on a trip and need to have a replacement and do not have enough, or that I forget somewhere ... andHis answer was that he could not do so, that he had to put a period.

I am not going to buy insulin to store it at home if I do not need it, but it seems to me a fatBest cases, they will give you for the next day.

I do not know if this is so usually or if it is my doctor, which is a bit special.Only a year ago I was diagnosed with diabetes, and I am still learning things like these ... and those that I have left to learn.

Thank you!

Kade's profile photo
Kade
03/08/2018 11:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let you prescribe it every day.You always have to count units that you will have to put yourself as a correction and you cannot be fair.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/08/2018 11:22 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have it electronics and what my doctor did is calculate how many days every pack of 5 bolis.If what happened to you, instead of 90 days I would ask for 50 or less, so that they can dispense it more frequently.In fact, the bolis spoil, with the purged units are lost, if I have miscalculated, I click more times .... Surely the same will happen to you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/08/2018 11:41 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My doctor always makes me much more than I use.From Toujeo for example, it put me 30 and peak and only use 26 although there are certain days a month that I have to raise it 10 units for a week, so in the end I do not have so much left over.And quickly if he has put me much more than I use but then I am going to take it when I need it and ready, the issue is that you have it available for when you need it.If you use about 20 units daily that puts you at least 25 to have room.
It is also better that you do not wait for you to stay only one ball to go for more, I always have a reserve box at home.When I finish the last ball of the box that I am using I go for another and I start at home.So for trips or unforeseen events I always have insulin.It is good to be foresee and have some more ball at home because some may also get defective (although it is rare that it passes), that you fall to the ground and break, that is broken through the heat, ...

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/08/2018 11:47 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yes, in the end what they did was to calculate a little on top, and now I can buy it every less time.But, I don't know if it will be my thing, or the system is a bit badly raised for patients who need that medicine daily.If they do not want people to abuse, to put a maximum withdrawal a year, and in the case of needing more, because it is the doctor who prescribes it to you, but at least it can be done with more foresight, and not than ofThis form, if one day for anything you need to buy insulin urgently, you cannot.
Another related problem arises, when trying to buy insulin outside your community, that having each community their skills in health, you can not (at least they told me once in the pharmacy)

Kade's profile photo
Kade
03/08/2018 11:55 a.m.

Yes, if you change the community, I think it is not worth and you will have to go through an ambulatory for recipe or take it from home.
Community change is a serious inconvenience in health.The health system should be unified for these things.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/08/2018 12:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Not only does it happen with insulin, with electronic recipe all prescribed medications have their doses and end of treatment.I don't know where you see the problem.Solve the amount per month that you need and voila.It caught and pick it up when you touch you so you will always have a reserve.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/08/2018 12:04 p.m.

Hello, as I say to the header, I always tell you that I get more insulin.It is a lie but I don't care because otherwise they don't give me more than one box and for a while I live in the Basque Country, I am from Cyl, I have not yet changed so I need to "store" several boxes because I go home every two months.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/09/2018 11:57 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Anyway apart from the electronic recipe your doctor can make recipes for the additional boxes that you need at a specific time, for example in the summer I do not appear in my city in three months and before I go I go to the doctor and it makes me recipesFor 2 or 3 boxes.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
03/09/2018 5:35 p.m.

runing50 said:
Anyway apart from the electronic recipe your doctor can make recipes for the additional boxes you need at a timely moment, for example in the summer I do not appear in my city inThree months and before I go to the doctor and makes me recipes for 2 or 3 boxes.

I suffer from those inconveniences.When I give me the additional recipes, when using them they invalidate the electronic recipe and I have to make an appointment with the S.S.To update the electronics by enabling it again, so it is a gain.The system is poorly raised.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
07/23/2018 12:33 a.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

maritxu22 said:
hello, as I say to the head doctor, I always tell you that I wear more insulin ... ... I need to "store" several boxes because I go home everytwo months.

I do something similar, I have prescribed with something more, and I collect insulin when I need it, I try to have a little stock of 1 or 2 boxes in the fridge of the house, so I cover the unforeseen events when they arrive, and I do not need to askextras, or quotes to the doctor, etc ...

As expiration is long, I am never the case that they spend time, and it ends up being the most efficient method for everyone, I have the insulin that I need, the State finances what is fair, and I do not waste timeTo the doctors, I don't lose either ... I think we all win.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/24/2018 9:21 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.