Experience after a year and a half

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/08/2018 5:38 p.m.

This is a question of question-experience, to see if someone can give me their opinion.

A little more than a year and a half ago I was detected diabetes with 30 years.According to the doctor by age, the detection was because I had been wounded and some leg wounds for a few months, I had also healed, I had lost freezing, without stopping to eat about 10 kilos, I asked the doctor for a blood test (Actually Sel or Pedi 3 times he said it was summer).Well in the analysis I got a blood glucose of just over 200 and directly without more tests I confirm a type 1 diabetes.

Physically it was someone obese (120 kilos before I was detected, 110 at the time I was detected), and my favorite food the bread (coming to eat some days almost two bars), after a first diet that thin about 7 kilosAnd the glycemia were normally 130 when I got up, and 110 when I went to bed with some good days that I had at night about 100. In the analyzes I got glycolisadas of 6.3 and 6.1.I normally punctured me between 8-12 of Levemir once a day.

Well, after gulfing a little again and getting angry the nurse a month and a half ago I decided to put myself at an extreme diet.I remove the 100 %bread, almost all kinds of hydrates and increase my exercises, I also made a few days of more than 16 hours.Well since I started that (right now I am at 99 kilos), never since I started aroused with less than 110 (the normal was 130-140), I have been 3 weeks since the normal morning is to wake up with 80-85,And not only that has it stable almost all day, (only a few days when I can work at noon, it goes up to 100-110).In addition, some of the last days I have done some proof of eating something that previously uploaded it to me, and do the analysis of little after an hour and have practically the same (you have to take into account the error of the glucometer.I am clicking 4 of a daily Levemir.

I have to say that they have not done any extra test (the doctor is still convinced that it is a type 1 that I simply have it well treated), simply the glycolisadas that I have previously had 6.3 and 6.1 was when I only put onon a diet of some foods and with little exercise.

From other people's experience.Do you think my doctor has been wrong and I have a type 2 which is improving?Is it a type 1 type of honeymoon period?(I know they can last two years but I don't see it too well),

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/08/2018 5:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mine was similar partner ... I'm 24 years old.2 months ago they made me a blood test and Di 417. I had been with symptoms and on Christmas ... without more, they put a novorapid before each meal and 12 units of the slow.Type 1 obviously.I weighed 95. In those 2 months I lost 8 kilos and in these other 2 months of diabetic weight now 77 measuring 1.74.The first consultation of the endocrine then fatal everything.I have high cholesterol, some hypertension, adding to what I have a breath in my heart.Come on, my life expectancy thinks it is very very.But well, there is no other than fighting.I am doing moderate exercise and losing weight.I keep the glucose great.Less than 90 when you wake up, before each meal around 90 and post-comments 130-140 at most.

What I go to is that I think I am type 1 but I am on a honeymoon as you say.When it ends it will be more difficult to control myself.The same if you are type 2. They should do more tests. I think.

Courage and try to live as much as possible and with health.I hope to keep reading you for many more years.

Dixon's profile photo
Dixon
03/08/2018 5:52 p.m.

In my case I also had the very high corestol (when I say something is a lot) now I have it at normal levels.The issue is that I have never set myself, I only say 4 units, we will see later.

DiabetesForo
03/08/2018 6:08 p.m.

On the other hand of tension if I am and it was very good, the first time was a glycemia of 210 and the truth except a couple of times I have never climbed from 190.

DiabetesForo
03/08/2018 6:41 p.m.

If you were in 200 and have not done more tests and have been so slowly for a year, it does not seem to be type1, that it usually has a rapid evolution.
Anyway, the name does not matter much, the important thing is that with the treatment you are well controlled and have a good quality of life.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/08/2018 6:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
If you were 200 and have not done more tests and have been so slowly, it does not seem that it is type1, which usually has a rapid evolution.
Anyway, the name does not matter much, the important thing is that with the treatment you are well controlled and have a good quality of life.

Well I also have some hope if it is type 2, I know a case similar to mine (although a little greater than me, at least 5 years) they detected the same problem although this from the beginning they told him that he was type 2, and it gave him a lotYuyu the needles, so I started with the pill and exercise a lot, and in just over a year they have already removed the metformin (of course he has lost weight a lot).And it seems that he has the glycolisada of a normal person.

DiabetesForo
03/08/2018 7:20 p.m.

You can go to an endocrine that advises you well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/08/2018 8:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.