Toujeo insulin

DiegoA's profile photo   04/27/2018 5:51 a.m.

I have been using two insulins for three months.I am well controlled that I have been able to pass some doses of the rapid action.Now, at this precise moment I have glucose in 108, which is good, and I have only injected in the morning.Exercise and balanced diet.My question is as follows.It is almost midnight and I have not injected the toujeo that is the 24 -hour, but with a sugar in 108. Can I ignore it? I am experiencing but I would not like a sugar downturn sleeping.
What do they recommend?Have you had this situation?

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
04/27/2018 5:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Obviously basal insulin ??Chico dedicate yourself to something else but not to experiment, it's like killing flies to guns.Before doing experiments with your health without any knowledge, I recommend that first before, you are documented and secondly you document you even correct what was read as accurate.With the Toujeo basal, it gives the circumstance that being a 24 -hour insulin may even last something else, but if you obvious as your good level of 108 will begin to rise like the foam.It raises the exercise of exercise + food control = less insulin, especially the one in the rapid action and you can also reduce the basal unit, but obviate some is a big mistake.In case you still do not know, this disease has no cure and if medicine has not achieved any cure today, experimenting
Without knowledge with your health you will not achieve it and less with such little smart experiments.Experience if, with knowledge and intelligence it is your health that you risk.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/27/2018 12:23 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Dear Luvi, not walking blindly.Coincidentally I did not put it on myself and today I woke up in 120, and doctors told me that glucose can climb at night even without consumption.The experiment itself is something every day.For example, the other day following the matter of injected with meals,
It turned out that I had it in 105, and at a given time I got 54, that is dangerous, so why should I inject if I am within normal parameters.That is my point.Similarly, if I can control with diet and exercises, they may eliminate me an insulin and take pills, that is to see depending on the laboratory result.
Until now since I started the treatment my average is in 110. Diabetes has no cure, of course I know, I know that life condition, by my parents.But I can control how my body reacts.I ask the question, so that some health professional in this forum of an orientation and know if someone has had a similar situation.I understand that to the extent that insulin dependence is minimized, it will be better.Isn't that what we are looking for?Today as I woke up in 120 and had breakfast, I put on the rapid action but two units less than the maximum that prescribed me.At noon I will share the test result.I definitely disagree with not experiencing,
Well, for me it is important to know how my insulin production or glucose level reacts according to my lifestyle.You only live once and diabetes will not limit me

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
04/27/2018 3:11 p.m.

By the way, what was little intelligent was his answer.Just in case, all experimentation has a basis of ignorance, so it is experienced, to know.Each test is noted and changes in the levels, time, dose, food, exercises.Obviously the medicine will not work the same in all people because the body and lifestyles are different.What works for me kills you.So simple.So here the objective is to depend as little as possible on insulins.My experiment so far is giving me two main data, first, knowing how my body behaves in its metabolism, and second
How to achieve less medication dependence, with balanced diet and exercises.Good day

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
04/27/2018 3:21 p.m.

I'm going to add something, when I learned about the condition, I cried the first day, I know what I do not take care of, but I will not regret either.Your case for what I read is since childhood, that is very strong, before there were not as many options as now.Having diabetes is not necessarily a blessing or a curse, everything will depend on how it faces it.If you are going to see the calamities you bring, if you do not attend to you then it will not be good.For me it ceased to be bad, it is simply another challenge to face in my life but it will not stop me unless it allows it.Success

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
04/27/2018 3:50 p.m.

@"Diegoa" Taking only 3 months it is normal for your insulin needs to be very small or even doing a lot of sports and reducing carbohydrates to the minimum expression you almost do not need insulin.I am not a health professional and hopefully I am wrong but what you are happening at this time has an expiration date if you have type 1 diabetes, you can stretch it more or less time but it has an expiration date ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/27/2018 6:31 p.m.

Yes, I also think you are on honeymoon, if it is a type 1 diabetes.
Do not put the goal of living without insulin, but to be well controlled

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/27/2018 6:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Sigsauer" thanks for the observation.That is precisely what is being analyzed.In my case, it suddenly arose, after Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, I was normal, but in two months I went on the fence and in what way.The issue here is that the diet is ultimately reducing carbohydrates or burning them.As my DR explained to me, we are in a period where it is possible that the pancreas can re -generate insulin, if that is the case then my experimentation is moving in the right direction.and definitely being active physically helps and is tested as one of the most effective methods to control the condition.What you mean with an expiration date, do you have any statistics or scientific data that absolutely establishes that there is a time that will be severely uncontrolled even having strict control and consists of what you consume and lifestyle? MyFather QEPD died of diabetes complications at 74, and that never did diets, exercises and did not take care of himself.It was diabetic as from the age of 40 for what I remember.One thing is the expiration of a temporary state according to its observation, another is the expiration of the individual.Since the condition was diagnosed, I entered a physical self -management process.I practice several sports, previously competed in them.That helped me focus on how to work the process.I am not saying that what I do will prevent the inevitable from happening at some point, but that I am going to extend the expiration time is a fact.I will leave tomorrow, and a car runs over and diabetes did not know.And as I said now I go to today's data

Breakfast- 120
I inject 4 Humalog units

snacks/light activity at home

Lunch- 91
Moderate carbohydrates and fruit juices ingestion
Here I injected 4 Humalog units to compensate for the consumption of sugars I had.
Now wait in the afternoon to see what the glucose level is.With a 91 sugar I don't need insulin, but I consumed a lot for what should rise.

Activity for the afternoon swimming

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
04/27/2018 6:54 p.m.

Everything will depend on the type of diabetes you have, but type 1 is insulin dependent

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/27/2018 6:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Regina"
The reality is that I have not set my goal without insulin, as you say, control it to the fullest.Maybe I had to say without injections.Using pills.We will see what kind of diabetes they finally certify me.But whatever, I will continue with my commitment to stay physically.Because as it says, controlling it can mean lowering the doses.He noted that it is also diabetic but since the age of 5.These factors must be significant when you have been living with the condition.
greetings

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
04/27/2018 6:59 p.m.

He talked about type 1 diabetes, since for me and it is a very personal opinion, type 2 diabetes should not be called or relate to type 1, since it is an immunylogical disease.If what is suffered will be specified, it would not be error.All the best.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/27/2018 7:51 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Diegoa said:
By the way, what was little intelligent was his answer.Just in case, all experimentation has a basis of ignorance, so it is experienced, to know.Each test is noted and changes in the levels, time, dose, food, exercises.Obviously the medicine will not work the same in all people because the body and lifestyles are different.What works for me kills you.So simple.So here the objective is to depend as little as possible on insulins.My experiment so far is giving me two main data, first, knowing how my body behaves in its metabolism, and second
How to achieve less medication dependence, with balanced diet and exercises.Good day

In your pseudodiabetes for calling in some way, you can experience what comes to you, as long as it has a minimal reserve of insulin production, but in the true diabetes, the "experiments" are made with lead foot.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/27/2018 7:55 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Luvi hopefully and your words are correct and be pseudodiabetes.It was not I who diagnosed.In the same way I will not take the situation cadastroficly and get to live regretting what I have.Let diabetes 1 or the pseudo, I share my new experience to know more about the methods of facing it.If what happens to me is a "honeymoon" or something expired, I will not know until it happens.I am not as young as you, and I am not disconnected from the reality of the disease and its consequences, so I entered this forum in another country to see how they face or do to control it and lead a life as normal as possible.In my case I share my initial experience with the medications and the different reactions of my body in different centers, I do not seek to encourage me or discourage me, I look for serious opinions, with data, statistics if possible.In the same way if it is triggered because it is part of the equation.We know that high sugar do not die but of hypoglycemia you can die.What I am looking for is control, balance.I prefer to get on to get off.Good day

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
04/27/2018 10:27 p.m.

You cannot try to make a mathematical calculation of diabetes (statistics, data, experiences, etc ...) at least in type 1 diabetes, because 2+2 are never usually 4 and food, sport, insulin does notThey act the same in one body as in another.In my diabetes I cannot afford that rule of ... I prefer to be high down, in type 1 unfortunately both one thing and another harm us so that our struggle is constant at every moment to have optimal and stable blood glucose.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
04/28/2018 11:18 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Diegoa said:
I am using two insulins for three months.I am well controlled that I have been able to pass some doses of the rapid action.Now, at this precise moment I have glucose in 108, which is good, and I have only injected in the morning.Exercise and balanced diet.My question is as follows.It is almost midnight and I have not injected the toujeo that is the 24 -hour, but with a sugar in 108. Can I ignore it? I am experiencing but I would not like a sugar downturn sleeping.
What do they recommend?Have you had this situation?

You have already answered all colleagues perfectly.Indeed, you need toujeo to live if you are type 1, so clear.If you can live with very little insulin, it is for your recent debut (honeymoon period).If you confirm as type 1 forget about being able to ignore basal dose or I don't want to tell you what would happen to you if you are just a few days without putting slow insulin ... you have put yourself on the worst, right?Well yes, that is what would happen to you ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
04/28/2018 11:52 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

If you are type 1, you cannot remove the basal insulin, it is clear.Raising with 120 is not so good value either, you have to get up with less than 100.
Each person is a case, so what you have to do is follow the recommendations of medical personnel (I believe), who have studied and individualized your case.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/28/2018 1:03 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Thanks for your contributions.As for the basal I have maintained it.The value of 120 is not the best, I know, but of 289 that I started then for me is good.I see a lot of diabetic youth here.Have your doses varied a lot?
Today my sugar in 113, first reading.Yes, over 100, but there we go.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
04/28/2018 1:15 p.m.

You are more than responded, on the honeymoon the doses that are needed are minimal, but the basal will always need, the body should never run out of insulin that works.A point comes that ends and you will need to put more doses, even if you eat well and exercise.But it must be made clear that this does not mean in any case that you are doing it wrong, or that you are more diabetic than before.And in a type 1 it is inevitable to depend on insulin, it is your life.When you need to increase dose (your controls will tell yourself), you will see that putting more to be well will change anything, nothing will be worse.It only means that you should be a little more aware of staying controlled.

Raising with 113 is very good ... I would always want to get up like this.Regarding the honeymoon exit of course I had to vary doses, both fast and basal, it was somewhat progressive until you stabilize in some more or less stable doses, with its variations according to pre-comidation glycemia,exercise, etc.When the controls are bad as a trend and not as a specific one, one is seeing that the reservation is coming to an end ...

Tyler's profile photo
Tyler
04/28/2018 1:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015 | Accu - Chek Aviva Expert | Fiasp + Toujeo

We continue in another thread, many threads are being doubled and it will cost a lot to look for information from people.
We continue in this Toujeo thread
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/29/2019 10:07 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.