Diabetes at school

ClaudiaES's profile photo   05/01/2018 12:07 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I need to know your experiences as parents, mothers, family or teachers of children with diabetes.

I am a diabetic since the age of 11 and I consider that there is still much to do in the schools to be able to leave children with diabetes and feel the peace of mind that they are controlled, especially in the case of Early Childhood Education.

I am currently finishing the child teaching career and my TFG goes on this subject.I am creating an intervention and informative program, to which any teacher, father or mother could resort to having a child with diabetes in the classroom.It would contain basic information about the disease, and activities and resources to integrate and make the center, the person in charge of the child and their own colleagues knew more on the subject and were prepared.

You would do a great favor if you could tell me the experiences in the school of your children or family.Or even your own.I want to make a section of real testimonies .I was lucky because when I was diagnosed I was already quite mature and autonomous and I controlled everything alone, although my primary school was sugar and cookies at his table.Of course, glucagon and insulin refused to have ... luck that I didn't stay in the dining room ...

Thanks a lot!!!!!

ClaudiaES's profile photo
ClaudiaES
05/01/2018 12:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The most logical solution would be to have nursing in schools.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/02/2018 3:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
The most logical solution would be to have nursing in schools.

Already, you are right.Unfortunately, it seems that today it is impossible for nursing in all cabbages.

ClaudiaES
05/04/2018 8:20 p.m.

I have the double experience of having had my diabetic daughter at school and having students with diabetes in the institute.
With my daughter, I was always with my soul in suspense, while it was small, and, with the students, the teachers know the main characteristics of the disease and can supply sugar or juice if they recognize hypoglycemia.
Another thing is to put glucagon or insulin, which have no preparation or obligation.In case of doubt, it is called home or emergency.
The situation of diabetic children in school is a serious issue, which should be treated with more rigor and health personnel in schools.It is the only thing that may give total peace of mind to parents.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/04/2018 9:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Claudiaes" Unfortunately this topic is already common in the forum, I think you can find the experiences of many people, I especially recommend that you read these issues:

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
05/08/2018 9:48 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much!

ClaudiaES
05/08/2018 12:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.