I'm not able to control myself

sambelgr's profile photo   05/01/2018 6 p.m.

Hello!I write here because I am worried about my health, do what I usually do around 300mg/dl.
I will explain a little what I do and my day to day.
My insulin guidelines are 4/4/6 of Novorapid and 34 from Toujeo at night (at 23:30).
In the morning there is no way that I get up with less than 300 something, even if I lie down with sugar well.After breakfast (piece of fruit and coffee with almond milk) there if I usually have it more controlled because I inject faster than I should and I arrived well when eating, sunbathing a piece of fruit in mid -morning, RondoAbout 160. After eating, I return to 300 and something.Eat what eats, it doesn't matter if some spaghettis (not usual) as a broccoli dish with salmon (usual similar, usually quinoa with vegetables).And well, dinner is already depending on the day and how it desires to affect insulin that day to the snack, which is usually fruit too.After dinner, sometimes I am fine and sometimes I have hyperglycemia, when I have them inject myself to correct, and although at 2-3 in the morning I have the sugar well, at 7, when I get up, they are already 300.

I do not know what to do, I need advice, the doctor what he tells me is that he tries with different doses and what we did was scan was changing the slow for the night, but everything is still more or less the same.

sambelgr's profile photo
sambelgr
05/01/2018 6 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you have those high figures, as long as you do not increase insulin you will not solve anything.
The nights are a book: You are missing units of slow ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/01/2018 6:22 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

It is very clear that you lack insulin, slow and fast.Start by increasing slowly slowly, and if you have hyperglycemia after meals, you correct click more next time.Always eat the same amount of hydrates until you have a more normalized blood glucose.Do not be afraid to increase the slow one, 300 is a lot of hyperglycemia !!
Encouragement

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/01/2018 7:16 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Yes, you are slow.Upload the toujeo in one unit, until you wake up around 100.
Then, you are adjusting the rapids.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/01/2018 11:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

OK!Thank you very much, I will follow your advice

sambelgr's profile photo
sambelgr
05/01/2018 11:05 p.m.

Apart from what they have already commented, I would also try to put on the toujeo at an hour that was not at night and see how.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/02/2018 9:46 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

luvi said:
apart from what they have already commented, I would also try to put the toujeo at an hour that was not at night and see how such.

Before I put it in the morning and something worse.What time do you recommend that it is usually better?

sambelgr's profile photo
sambelgr
05/02/2018 11:38 a.m.

Each one is better for an hour or another, I personally do better in the morning, but before I tried at night, in the afternoon and before eating.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/02/2018 12:46 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Eye, care, you have to rule out that you do not have the "phenomenon of dawn", some people upload insulin before awakening even though all night they have been well, something of hormones.
Although the eye seems that insulin is missing as they have said, since it is not only in the morning that you are high.

paloma's profile photo
paloma
05/06/2018 11:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.