Night hyperglycemia

TirrelHoco's profile photo   04/09/2019 4:25 p.m.

Hello!!!This is my first topic in the forum, I write why I am frankly disoriented about what to do.
I put in a history of my medication and habits:
I have type I diabetes 21 years ago.Currently, I use swallow insulin 40 units at 12 at night and novorrapid to correct and according to hydrates.I control myself with free freestyle.I exercise every day about an hour and a half.
The following happens: I have very good glycemias throughout the day, but while I sleep I enter hyperglycemia almost every night.Seeing the curve, from 1am my curve begins to rise.It happens sometimes that I wake up at dawn, and I corrected with Novorrapid, but it's like it hardly had an effect.I am in 250, I place 3 units, and just lower some points to climb again immediately.The curious thing is that when you wake up (with hyper values ​​too) I take breakfast and correct and go down immediately.It is as if during sleep, it had strong insulin resistance.
I have a turn with my doctor in 20 days, but I would like to hear opinions of those who eventually have had a similar problem and, who are using swallow.
Thank you so much!!!!
Greetings

TirrelHoco's profile photo
TirrelHoco
04/09/2019 4:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Insulin Degludec = Tresiba
@Tirrelhoco, you could provide more data:
What is your weight / height / age / sex / usual meals / usual insulin dose?
Includes a one -day (24h) screen capture of your glucose curve with the free.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/09/2019 5:03 p.m.

First, thanks for answering !!
Male, 36 years, 1.70, 90 kilos (21 body fat), 2100kcal hypocaloric diet, 40% carbos, 35% protein, 25% fats.I leave graph

TirrelHoco
04/09/2019 6:40 p.m.

tirrelhoco said:
first, thanks for answering !!
Male, 36 years, 1.70, 90 kilos (21 body fat), 2100kcal hypocaloric diet, 40% carbos, 35% protein, 25% fats.I leave graph

That is phenomenon of dawn, it could be that you have to leave the basal dose but very hardly solved with pen, you would have to tell your doctor, the safe solution is the bomb.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
04/09/2019 6:45 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

ferle said:
tirrelhoco said:
first, thanks for answering !!

That is phenomenon of dawn, it could be that you have to leave the basal dose but very hardly solved with pen, you would have to tell your doctor, the safe solution is the bomb.

I do not know the phenomenon of dawn, now google !!
I have been very reluctant to the use of a bomb, in fact, take a year to decide to put the free, since practical Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and I have to assure it a lot to not lose it!
I was thinking of dividing the dose of Tresiba, thought that it can work?

TirrelHoco
04/09/2019 6:49 p.m.

Could it be that the slow afternoon to take effect and it is better to put it in the morning?Although I also believe that the bomb would solve it, it seems like the phenomenon of Alba.I don't know if you had it with other insulins.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/09/2019 7:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Almost two years ago that I use Tresiba, I do not remember how it was going with Lantus ... the truth is that the free has "unmasked" more ... someone who has unfolded the dose of threeiba?

TirrelHoco
04/09/2019 8:07 p.m.

Another thing: approximately 10 days ago I did strength training again, it is possible that it is favoring whether the release of growth hormone ....

TirrelHoco
04/09/2019 8:23 p.m.

I agree with what they have told you about the phenomenon of Alba.
I do not recommend that you wear the three -time three times a day, since the mess you will ride will be impressive.
My recommendation would be insulin bomb (as you have already told you).
In addition, that exercise of force that you comment (hormones and diabetes are not very friends) reinforces the idea of ​​the bomb.
With bolis / pens / feathers / syringes it will cost you a lot to solve it.

mamarvazq
04/09/2019 9:20 p.m.

The exercise of force (and any exercise) increases the secretion of many hormones (including GH, one of those responsible for the Alba phenomenon).
And try to put on the Tresiba just before a main meal (in the morning, for example, as they have told you) to reduce the effect of the Alba phenomenon.

mamarvazq
04/09/2019 9:35 p.m.

I could try to do it before dinner ... in fact I did so before and I think it worked better.
And program the alarm to give me a correction at dawn

TirrelHoco
04/09/2019 9:51 p.m.

Yeah.

mamarvazq
04/09/2019 9:59 p.m.

tirrelhoco said:
I could try to do it before dinner ... in fact he did so and I think it worked better.

Wake up to get fast?That is not life, I assure you and I recommend you put the bomb.Do not imagine the improvement you are going to have in every way, although obviously each one chooses to follow.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
04/09/2019 10:15 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

ferle said:
tirrelhoco said:
could try to do it before dinner ... in fact before I did so and I think it worked better.

Wake up to get fast?That is not life, I assure you and I recommend you put the bomb.Do not imagine the improvement you are going to have in every way, although obviously each one chooses to follow.

Yes, the truth is that it doesn't seem very convincing.

Anyway, in 20 days I have a turn with the doctor and we will see what can be done.While in principle the use of the pump does not convince me, the case will have to do it

TirrelHoco
04/09/2019 10:32 p.m.

Alomejor uploading a unit of threeiba look a little, do not climb the 2 that they recommend, go up one, wait 3 days and see what happens, if you fall the rest of the day, complicated, I am in the phase of putting a bomb, I have always been reluctant, I have always been reluctant,But now I recognize that I need it, for the life I lead right now, and it is not so much drama if you think about it.

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
04/10/2019 2:34 a.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

Yes, I'm going to test these days to see how it goes.It happens that despite this, I have the glycosylated in 7, so I find it difficult to think about making the leap.I have scheduled physical activity every day, and I am sure that I am going to make me cumbersome.Anyway, today I have just delayed the schedule a little and increase two units.Tomorrow I count how it is going.It's 22 in Argentina.

TirrelHoco
04/10/2019 3:09 a.m.

tirrelhoco said:
yes, I'm going to test these days to see how it goes.It happens that despite this, I have the glycosylated in 7, so I find it difficult to think about making the leap.I have scheduled physical activity every day, and I am sure that I am going to make me cumbersome.Anyway, today I have just delayed the schedule a little and increase two units.Tomorrow I count how it is going.It's 22 in Argentina.

I had 6.5 of glycosada when I put on the pump, the determining factor was precisely the phenomenon of dawn it was impossible to control with pens, I am from Paraguay and here only if you have resources you cost you the bomb that comes out about 8000 dollars, I gave meA uncle, I do not know if in Argentina for Social Security you can grant the bomb for having diabetes, here at least forget.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
04/10/2019 1:38 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

Well, last night I advanced three and two units, and the phenomenon of Alba did not appear! We will continue to monitor what happens.
Ferle, I have two quite good social security (despite that it does not cover the free), and I understand that if they cover the bomb.It is very good to know that after all, if you do not upload a solution through pencils, that would result.

Thank you so much!

TirrelHoco
04/10/2019 1:48 p.m.

It happens to me that when I do sports in the afternoon, I go to bed at 12 with 90 glucose, about 3 in the morning I already have hyperglycemia at 170 or more, I have been correcting with 2 units of fast, at 8 in the morning I am still similar, nothing has gone down, change 2 more from Toujeo at night and it has been the solution, the night is stable and I get up with the same values ​​with which I went to bed, I tell you my experience and have if you canHelp, this is not always the same, sometimes it is right and sometimes not, this disease is capricious and even if you do the same every day it is a struggle, you have to always be alert

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
04/20/2019 9:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.