{'en': 'Lost battle', 'es': 'Batalla perdida'} Image

Lost battle

Sorprendido's profile photo   05/06/2018 12:27 p.m.

Good morning everyone,

I have changed fast insulin again: now I use Novorapid, I left Apidra.The reason: it seems to be convenient to use both insulins, in my case Tresiba and Novorapid, of the same laboratory, for that of the excipients and others.

Another disenchantment.Another fallacy.It is more of the same.We do not go our life to decide this or that type of insulin, if putting it in the morning or at night.That is not the real problem.

The diabetes problem is the treatment itself based on "chute" insulin.And while we distress ourselves thinking what kind of insulin, at what time we inject it, in what place, and all that sequence of thoughts, as recurring as exhausting and ineffective, our deterioration will advance to great steps.

There is another variable that we often ignore, the long evolution, which tends to get worse, but complicate, even more control.

Until recently I thought that the only effective solution would be an artificial pancreas.Today, after reading the latest articles spilled in this forum, I have my doubts.

Or maybe not.Perhaps it has come to the conclusion that what is really missing is the will to end once and for all with this evil that so much suffering, and costs of all kinds, leads.To patients and family.I resist believe that only human greed concentrates this state of affairs.

My conclusions.Try to put aside all anguish, all anxiety derived from the treatment of this disease.

Inexorably we are dedicated to terrible complications, I don't know at what time.A very poor quality of life from the first day of this treatment, a synocose, come on.

Let us leave hot cloths.Those who have been with this for a while, we will understand it well.

Do not give more pábulo to news that are only false expectations.No more lies, please.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/06/2018 12:27 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Yes, you don't do well with Tresiba, you can try Toujeo.The insulins of the same manufacturer I do not believe that it is important, what you have to look for is the one that best suits.
You have to keep trying to get good control, it is the only thing that moves serious complications.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/06/2018 5:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Tresiba is the best basal I have found in many years of diabetes, after the Lantus.The importance of using insulins of the same laboratory, I agree, is relative.

Sorprendido
05/06/2018 6:42 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

There is no better insulin than another, all and I repeat all are the same what you have to give is insulin that according to the life and routine of each one adapts better.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/06/2018 9:05 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I think it depends on the person, for example Apidra and Tresiba are going well for me.
Regarding what you say about the quality of life, it gives me what to think ... I consider that I have a good quality of life despite diabetes.Of course a sinvivir is not.If it is a roll to always have to think about the hydrates you eat and how much you click, but if you manage to relativize it and live at the time without anticipating the possible complications, most of the time gets well (with bad times but we go, everyoneIt is a bad time if not, by b).I understand that there are moments of sinking, it is normal, it is not easy and as time passes because more difficult.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/06/2018 10:54 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I agree, it depends on the person.This vision of mine, perhaps something defeatist, is the product of many years of evolution with the disease, and above all of a thing, have a very clear and fixed memory of my life as "non -diabetic."Otherwise your message is full of a lot of common sense, balance and wisdom.Hopefully it is still your vision many years later, it will help you.
I would ask you, Maritxu22, if the doctor gave you any reason to use Apidra instead of another fast insulin.
Greetings.

Sorprendido
05/07/2018 10:40 a.m.

Goethe

Well, I started using Lantus and Novorrapid, and offered me Apidra because I
The truth is that the best change was from Lantus to Tresiba, because it is flatter, I can spend whole nights stable in 90.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/07/2018 12:18 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I have been using Novorrapid for a lifetime, one day I asked the endocrine to change Humalog because he understood that he acted faster and told me that Novorrapid, Humalog and Apidra were very similar in their time of action and that it was not worth itchange.Next time I am going to ask for a ball to try because without trying them it is impossible to assess whether it makes an insulin or other effect more or less fast.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/07/2018 1:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Surprised" I share almost everything you have said, I have been with diabetes for 20 years, and I debuted with 25, so I remember perfectly how my life was before and after ...

However, I do not resign myself to the limitations imposed, I assume that old age is also a problem by itself, which entails worse quality of life, and hey, if I get to retire, having done almost everything I wanted to do in life in life, I will be satisfied ... that with diabetes I will arrive worse ... well ... sure, but as (for the moment) all I can do is control and use insulin, I try that on the way I do not limit me,And I do everything possible to have a "normal" life, travel, eat away from home, work, etc ...

Happiness in the end is not a matter of getting everything you want, if not, to want everything you have achieved ... encourage!And we move on !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
05/07/2018 3:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do remember my previous life.He only 3 years ago of my conviction but I don't feel prey.
I do everything I want, of course I am nothing athlete in this area I do not have the limitation that others have.I travel, like outside the home, tapas, etc.
I would like not to click and not have to be loaded with junk but it is what there is.I assume it as other things that life brings us.
I've been worse for years and this month pay to the Treasury ... :)
Old age brings us all complications with or without diabetes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/08/2018 7:53 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Maritxu is the same idea that endocrine has told me.I proposed to change to an insulin somewhat slower than Apidra and I prescribed a novorapid.Your own case.Of course I do not notice as soon as it differentiates in your actions.
I fully agree that the change from Lantus to Tresiba has been spectacular, better, of course.

Sorprendido
05/08/2018 9:04 a.m.

Goethe

@Sigsauer, I have tried the three insulins, and I think as your endocrine: their actions are very similar, so much that you do not notice the difference.I would emphasize the type of pen, the mechanism: Apidra, it is softer.Novorapid is more ... anger?It is my experience, of course.
All the best.

Sorprendido
05/08/2018 9:08 a.m.

Goethe

Very sensible your comment, fer.Perhaps many diabetics do not have that memory, which for me is important, because it is a point of reference to talk about our current quality of life ...?
I have been with diabetes for some more years and also lived, and you are right, this weighs more and more or accelerates the deterioration, I do not know what happens.
Good message yours.I keep that phrase of yours about happiness, although ... maybe I don't be because I "got" diabetes and I don't have much love.

We move on, yes!

Greetings from the land of the olive grove.

Sorprendido
05/08/2018 9:18 a.m.

Goethe

@Ruthbia, the turn of years is bad, but thinks .... how worse it would be not to fulfill them !!!
And yes, old age brings us all complications, as diabetics, maybe some more.

All the best

Sorprendido
05/08/2018 9:23 a.m.

Goethe

My dear @Sorprende, go already !!!What do not have any appreciation of this way of living ours, the sweet dbtcs !!!
I just want to tell you what: "With the past you don't live; only the soul is tortured"!Actually, we have high and low and a great reality is that we cannot go back!And we must continue to be the donkey !!I think you are very reason what;According to we are and face this sweetness, we see it how different look, just tell you that we must put our part more harmonious in life!
Let's look around, trees, plants, animals, people, peoples and countries that pass through different, serious and desperate moment and situations and treat, by all means, exit ahead!and .... Hourra !!They get it !!!What do we have no, we can't, at least enter ???!
@Sorprendido, you are a being like all of us, privileged what we can say: there are medications and treatments that allow us to see and live with c/flia, friends, be independent and not be a "burden" for nadies, we can laugh, cry !!Everything is within our reach, and we have the great freedom to decide everything;We only have a greater effort that the rest of the others, and that, when we carry several years with it, it is no longer effort but routine and custom in our daily living !!
You know, dear friend and sweet flia, what the dbts is only for Valientes and Guerrero;and you?You are an equal and much more !!!
encourage and go ahead !!!!
@ani

ani's profile photo
ani
05/10/2018 3:16 p.m.

I will accept that little pull of ears of our beloved veteran, Ani, from which I think we have much to learn.
They say that the quality of our life depends on the quality of our thoughts.And, I think, that perhaps instead of considering so much change of insulins, that in the end, they are all very similar, we should listen to this wise Forera, to know ourselves lucky to have within our reach all this arsenal to fight against this disease, and feel ourselves... as she says: "Some warriors, brave warriors !!!
I will try to change the "chip" a little, and "palante !!!!.

All the best.

Sorprendido
05/10/2018 7:16 p.m.

Goethe

@surprised,
Anda Valiente !!!, I feel very grateful to you, for having read my opinion and I beg to God who not only stays in readings!And I could with my simple words, help you understand (as I do, in my way) and what:
"Nothing in life is obtained without a part of sacrifices, no matter how small what is it!"

“Our reward is found in the effort and not in the result.A total effort is a complete victory ”(Mahatma Gandhi)

>: D <sweets of @ani

ani's profile photo
ani
05/10/2018 7:56 p.m.

You carry all the reason @"Ani" life is a continuous struggle and happiness is to know how to accept what comes to us (good and not so good) and enjoy the good times.
All people, each with their backpack, we must fight day by day.There are heavier backpacks than diabetes and it doesn't have to be a disease as such.
You have to enjoy and leave insulins in the background.We each do what we can to take care of ourselves but we must not forget to live: enjoy what we like.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/11/2018 8:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.