{'en': 'Can you lose weight being diabetic?', 'es': '¿Se puede adelgazar siendo diabetic@?'} Image

Can you lose weight being diabetic?

Monykina's profile photo   03/17/2018 12:53 a.m.

Very good to everyone!

Today, I debuted as a diabetic and felt the need to stop following you in the shadows and start commenting, or rather in this case, to ask ....

I measure 1.61 and before being diabetic my weight was between 54/55 kilos.Once I debuted and started the treatment with insulin (after having lost enough kilos) my weight was more or less the same figures and even a couple of years I weighed something less.

Well, 6 years ago the scale began to irremediably go up, first reached 56 and however I tried to lose weight I did not succeed, reaching the 63 kilos now.

The fact is that as always since I debuted, and I do 1.30 hours of exercise at least 4 days a week.

What can I be doing wrong?

Anyone who has gone through the same thing can tell me how to lose weight?

I am desperate because I see that less than like and with less fat I can't do it ...

Thank you very much in advance!

Monykina's profile photo
Monykina
03/17/2018 12:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, you can exercise and reducing hydrates.Yes, weight still is fought, you have to
Watch that it is not for hypothyroidism, although that always look at it in the analytics.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2018 10:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of course, it depends on your diet.I do not have weight problems, rather, I would like to take a few kilos that I am too thin.

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
03/17/2018 11:09 a.m.

Thank you very much for your answers!Could you tell me an example of a day diet?Thus I oriento when I see what I can eat ...
Exercise I already do, so I will continue with the ...

Monykina's profile photo
Monykina
03/17/2018 3:29 p.m.

Hi @monykina.I believe that the increase of kilos depends more on that now you are 11 years older and the heat needs decrease a lot with age.I have diabetes for 25 years and I have also gone from 58 to 65 in the last 10 years.Moreover, eating much healthier now ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
03/19/2018 4:02 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

The weight gain, is almost always associated with excessive calorie consumption, a hypocaloric diet, exercise and above all, cardio ...

Samuel11489's profile photo
Samuel11489
03/19/2018 6:01 p.m.

DM 1 desde Junio de 1995
Humalog Kwik Pen D-T-N
Tresiba N

Here I share another topic in which this problem has also been discussed, I hope it serves you.;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/20/2018 3 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have taken 4 kg and based on complaining to the endocrine they have gathered me with the diabetology nurse that carries the diets.
There are many diets, my problem is insulin.I have tried everything and I only manage to eat more for hypoglycemia despite reducing insulin.
I tell you what they propose on April 22

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/22/2018 7:36 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I have taken 4 kg and based on complaining to the endocrine they have given me an appointment with the diabetology nurse that carries the diets.
There are many diets, my problem is insulin.I have tried everything and I only manage to eat more for hypoglycemia despite reducing insulin.
I tell you what they propose on April 22

Thank you so much!!I await the information as May water !!Hehehe

Monykina's profile photo
Monykina
03/22/2018 9:11 a.m.

Goodssss ... @monykina The issue of losing weight is more matter of mathematics than anything else ... you need to use or burn more calories than you consume ... A healthy diet and sport is a good combination.I would recommend that you were a dietitian, since they will make you a diet to cover your needs, so you can do it little by little and letting your body adapt to the changes.Many times simply changing small habits achieve great results.All the best.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
03/25/2018 11:25 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.