New diabetic.

Xelbun's profile photo   04/17/2019 8:26 p.m.

Good to all,

My name is Fernando and debuted with DM1 on February 1.First of all, I wanted to enter this forum because I have been following it for some time and it seems very interesting.I mean that the truth is that at the moment I carry it very well both physically and mentally, with very good figures and my lifestyle has barely changed a lot (I suppose it will be because I am still 23 years old).I will know you all little by little, and since I am here I would like to ask you a question: apparently for the diagnosis of DM1 a blood test is performed to check the antibodies;If these are in the clouds it is a sign that your diabetes is type 1. because in my case those antibodies not only did not go out through the clouds, but even the C Peptide C was negative.The doctors told me that the way of debuting (very high sugar levels suddenly and thirst) is of type 1 but that the analysis does not confirm it .. Does this happen to anyone else?Is it normal?Is it possible that it is not type 1?
Diabetes is still diabetes after all, but at least I would like to confirm the guy I have.

Greetings to everyone.

PS: Some users have the type of diabetes, gyrose and the doses under their name, could anyone tell me how it is done?

Xelbun's profile photo
Xelbun
04/17/2019 8:26 p.m.

25 años DM MODY desde 01/02/2019
Última hemo: 4,9
Metformina y Gliclazida.
Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.

Hello!As for the type of diabetes, I can't help you much ... I have been told by type 2 by age (40 years) and overweight without doing more tests, but I have known doctors who do not give it for sure (in fact they goto do more tests, but by internal medicine).
As for the firm, on the page, above the left you have a toothed wheel, click there and you already get edited, there you are already looking for ... I think it was signature preferences or something.
All the best

cgs's profile photo
cgs
04/17/2019 8:34 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Thank you!I managed to edit it: Smile:

Xelbun's profile photo
Xelbun
04/17/2019 8:48 p.m.

25 años DM MODY desde 01/02/2019
Última hemo: 4,9
Metformina y Gliclazida.
Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.

We are the same and genetic studies were done ... to see if it is mody 5

patriciavecchia's profile photo
patriciavecchia
04/17/2019 11:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.