Difference of values ​​between sensor and glucometers

Merchedm's profile photo   04/02/2018 9:47 p.m.

I don't know what to do.
Today, 21.00, the 198 -mark sensor, using it as a brand's brand 138. I try another Bayer 182 glucometer, in doubt, I recover another free freestyle meter Lite and Mark 152.

At 15.15 my time between the sensor and the "Solo" meter were 50 difference.

On the 31st, the day I started, after 10 hours, 149 both measurements.On day 1 I see differences of 40.
All values ​​had stable tendency (that would be another post, because the trend is also laughing)
What value do I pay attention to?ARGGGG, I'm going to throw a coin to see if I get correction or not.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
04/02/2018 9:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You do not have to make so many capillaries with so many glucometers, since you will only get it and not know what to do.Use the freestyle and a single glucometer and make decisions with him.The differences between freestyle and capillary are normal since they are measuring glucose in different places, you cannot pretend that they measure the same.In conditions of glymic stability up to 20% difference of freestyle with the capillary is normal and supposes the same blood glucose.And yourself have proven how between capillary gluconstakes there are also differences, since all glucometers have an error allowed by law.In summary: a single glucometer to make decisions and freestyle for the routine verification of your interstitial glucose.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
04/03/2018 9:57 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I did more of my usual glucometer.
The continuum serves me as a reference to see how the thing is moving and not to be every two with punctures.But, between one and the other, I found the capillary with my usual glucometer, as I say at the beginning.
On the differences, I have come to see them up to 70 between capillary and continuous.To give an example, last night at 22:30 he was 161 in continuous and 166 in capillary.At twelve, before sleeping I looked at myself and was in 177, with the continuum.About three and peak I woke up and gave me to measure myself again, I was in 145. And this morning I dawned with 160 in continuous (and the graph quite stable from one or so that it went down from those 177) and 127 in capillary.So, I calculate that I have been between 120 and 130 during the night.As you can see, last night they were quite even and, this morning, much less.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
04/03/2018 10:57 a.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Thank you very much, I have already found out the problem.
The real value was that of the sensor, it turns out that the sensor's tíras were expired, since 2016, delivered by my nurse in 2018.
Last night I made the decision as Salome, I divided the difference and corrected on a unit, instead of 2, but as I also calculated the dose was the dose, I had to correct again at dawn following the sensor's values, this morning I have managed to normalize, but the last 24 hours have been disaster, now I have it clear.
The sensor's glucometer, I use it only when I see strange things, but as support to ask Abbott for a replacement (I still have the first box for 3 months).Normally use of another brand, more modern that transmits the data to my app, but yesterday I had already 24 hours and did not try more glucometers for not looking for them ....
Moral: Review expiration dates always, it happened to me for many years with the syringes.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
04/03/2018 8:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.